Author Topic: IceTV Interactive not working with a standard user account on Vista Ultimate?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline spaceman

• View Profile
Hi All,

It *appears* (i.e. this is my most educated guess so far) that IceTV Interactive isn't working for me when logged into my HTPC as the standard (default) user. It *does* work when I'm logged in as the admin user. But "isn't working" I mean that I can set a tv program to record user my mobile phone, but this information, whilst it shows as selected to record if I login to the icetv website, isn't getting through to my Vista Ultimate HTPC at all.

fyi: I have UAC (user access control) disabled.

Looking at the event log in the IceTV Interactive dialog box is see repeat warning and error messages:

Type: Warning
Description: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object......... (it goes on and on)

Type: Error
Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Assuming my guess is correct, i.e. that a standard user account is the problem, it would be a pity if the solution is that I *have* to be logged in via an admin account for icetv interactive to work. By default my HTPC boots right up from a restart into Vista Media Center using the standard user account. This is so that my kids can't muck with things!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in anticipation.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex