Author Topic: Guide dificulties  (Read 3584 times)

Offline mattg

• View Profile
Guide dificulties
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »
I recently did a re-install of my Vista OS, while everything else is working a lot better, my Guide/IceTV just isn't working how it used to. At the moment, the guide does not download automaticly ever! If I click on update guide button in the Ice client, the system tray icon will appear to download the guide, but it never moves from 0 percent. The only way I can get the guide is to load media center itself and manualy download the guide via the settings menu, of "get latest guide listings".

Ok yes...media center is set to download automaticly. Iceguide client is set not to update guide listings, and not set to fix registry keys. This is how I had it set up before the reinstall and it work perfectly. Downloading the guide everyday, at what ever time when i happend to be on the PC.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Guide dificulties
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »
Iceguide client is set not to update guide listings, and not set to fix registry keys.

If this is the case have you also installed the patches for Vista Media Center along with the registry keys as well?

These are for Knowledge base articles KB938927 and KB935685.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline mattg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:55:33 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, but I am net recieving any of those errors discussed the two KB articles above. I'm not even getting the "invalid country or region" but the guide seems to download fine, only if manualy initiated from the media center interface.

Offline mattg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »
Ok I have installed both KB articles above. Vista MC still does not download the guide by it's own accord. I still have to load into MC and mannualy initiate the guide download. Using Ice Client 2.0.0.16, pressing the "update now" button does nothing as well.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Changing Guide Region

Started by Trial_Master on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 23, 2019, 06:40:28 PM
by Trial_Master
xx
Account guide settings

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

24 Replies
Last post June 19, 2019, 05:35:32 PM