Author Topic: "Cannot match channel ID" errors and channel 10  (Read 3314 times)

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
"Cannot match channel ID" errors and channel 10
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
I'm getting a lot of "cannot match channel ID" type errors in the Interactive log on my Vista MC machine, and I've noticed that nothing I schedule on channel 10 shows up in the "My Upcomming Shows" tab of the Widget or web application.

The guide data is all fine on the HTPC.

Any ideas?

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: "Cannot match channel ID" errors and channel 10
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
The matching of channels under Vista Media Center is based on channel name, have you renamed the channel from the assigned name when the guide was first setup?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:50:40 AM »
Thanks Daniel. That was indeed the problem. I don't remember changing the channel name, but it was appearing as "TEN" on my PC instead of "TEN Digital". Must have happened when I did a rescan a while ago after the TEN/ONE changes.

There's a bit of inconsistency in your naming, though. How come TEN gets the Digital suffix, but SEVEN and NINE are just the channel name?

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
The main reason for the disconnect at the moment is that whenever a guide name is changed it really messes with the lineup and cached guide information on Media Center systems. This also happens when new channels are added, Ten was changed to allow auto-mapping under Media Center (to be now called Ten Digital) when One came on board. The intention at this stage is to update Nine and Seven when there secondary channels come online and lineup changes are needed.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Icelink - "Cannot Connect To Server"

Started by ggrundy on Topfield

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2010, 11:39:29 AM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Fix for "cannot schedule recording" guid

Started by Shane on Windows XP Media Center Edition

0 Replies
Last post February 17, 2006, 12:04:54 PM