Author Topic: Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 21/08/2009 (Important: Please Read)  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Ok guys, it's time to move everyone over to the new guide format in the "epg3" directory.

If you've already done this, there's nothing else for you to do, and you can ignore the rest of this post.

If you haven't switched yet, or you don't know what I'm talking about, please keep reading -- this is important.

First, if you've just recently started using the IceTV EPG with Windows 7, it's possible that you're already using the new format.  If you are, then you too can ignore the rest of this post.  Here's how to check:

• This assumes you've already downloaded the zip file from the initial Windows 7 Readme post and extracted the batch file.
  • Use Notepad to open the file "load_icetv_epg.bat"
  • Check the following line and see if it's set to epg or epg3:
          webget.exe "http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg3/iceguide.cgi?op=mxfguide" -u USERID -p PASSWORD -o icetv_epg.mxf
  • If it's already set to epg3 then you're using the new format, and you're done.  Congratulations, you can ignore the rest of this post.
  • If it's still set to epg, then you haven't switched to the new guide format yet, so you need to keep reading.

If you haven't switched to the new format yet, all of the instructions are detailed in the first message of the following thread:

Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 09/07/2009

Please follow the instructions in that thread and get switched to the new format by Monday, 31 August.  On Tuesday, 1 September, the epg directory will be updated to be the same as the epg3 directory, and anyone still using the old directory will start getting the new format data anyway.  It's important that you follow the instructions to clear out your Media Center database and reload everything, so you start with a clean EPG.  We've found that the Windows 7 Media Center doesn't like overwriting guide data in a different format, and you may have problems with the guide data.  Of course, if you're not actively using your Media Center for recording, you can try just doing nothing, and it'll probably clear itself up after a week or two, when all the guide data in the old format has been used up.

Once you're using the new epg3 directory, you can stay there.  We'll keep the old epg and the new epg3 directories both running from here on out, and starting on 1 September they'll provide identical guide data.  Any updates we make to the guide data in the future will be made to both directories at the same time.

We'll also send an email to everyone using the old format guide data to let them know about the switchover date.

We realize this is a pain, and we wish there was a better solution, but so far we haven't found one.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply back in this thread and we'll try to help.

Thanks!
Russell
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:26:11 AM by Russell at IceTV »

Offline beachvilla

• View Profile
Re: Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 21/08/2009 (Important: Please Read)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
Hi there,

These instructions assume I'm switching from the older Beta client to the newer one. I haven't previously installed the Windows 7 IceTV client -are there instructions I should follow, somewhere?

Thanks

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 21/08/2009 (Important: Please Read)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
These instructions assume I'm switching from the older Beta client to the newer one. I haven't previously installed the Windows 7 IceTV client -are there instructions I should follow, somewhere?

Hi,

We haven't actually released the client program for Windows 7 yet (but we're working on it).  You just need to follow the directions in the earliest Readme post at the top of this forum and that should get you setup with guide data, but without the remote recording features normally available through our web site, iPhone app, widget, etc.:

Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 24/02/2009 (Please read this first)
http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1625.0

Russell

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
WMC running in Windows 10 but IceTV not recording

Started by dataplex on Windows 8 Media Center

2 Replies
Last post January 12, 2019, 07:05:54 PM
by dataplex
xx
More Windows 10 updates eating WMC

Started by Dave on Windows 8 Media Center

0 Replies
Last post March 20, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
by Dave
xx
Windows 10 Anniversary Update ate my WMC!

Started by a4x4kiwi on Windows 8 Media Center

12 Replies
Last post July 23, 2019, 04:13:34 PM
by raymondjpg
clip
Windows 10 Grrr

Started by csutak40 on XMLTV (General)

5 Replies
Last post July 23, 2016, 01:42:10 PM
by IanL-S