Author Topic: Stopping early and fragmenting programs  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ian Spencer @ Home

• View Profile
Stopping early and fragmenting programs
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »
I had Windows 8.1 running and started getting annoyed due to programs starting late and fragmenting. Decided to do Fresh install of Windows 10 and same issue. Gone back to window 7 again same issue.

I am in Australia

I have
Asrock Z77 Extreme6 mother board.
16GB Ram i7 Processor onboard Intel HD4000 Graphics
1 x Quad Digital Now PCIe Tuner
2 x Duel HVR-2200  PCIe Tuners
8 Tuners in Total
All Tuners latest Drivers
I use TunerSalad 32 to enable extra tuners

Seems after each rebuild it works well for a few days and random  Stops early then starts again immediately new Recording showing Error.
Usually 3 or more fragments starting immediately after each Event 3 failure so I get the whole program in multiple pieces. I have even spent several hours recording multiple programs with all tuners in use without failure!
I use ICETV for guide data and Scheduling programs but have even installed and run without ICETV and same issue although I have done my brain in trying so many options and I am sick of fresh installing and tuning and selecting Sources for so many tuners. I now have image backup for fresh and with media center install for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10

I use 2 Minutes Pre Hard Padding and 15 minutes Post Hard Padding.

From Event Log one example
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began as scheduled on 16/01/2016 1:58:02 AM and stopped early on 16/01/2016 2:53:00 AM due to a schedule change.
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began late on 16/01/2016 2:53:02 AM due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped early on 16/01/2016 2:58:00 AM due to a schedule change.
Recording of Diagnosis Murder: Murder in the Dark began late on 16/01/2016 2:58:04 AM due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss and stopped on 16/01/2016 3:15:00 AM.

One final issue is when we lose signal (my antenna is fine) due to being on the end of a chain of TV repeaters the program starting will very fast try All tuners including those in Use and cause similar issues!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Stopping multiple recordings of the same show.

Started by BruceJG on General Discussions

10 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 08:31:25 PM
by TimC