Author Topic: Interactive is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Media Center  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Adrian3

• View Profile
Interactive is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Media Center
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
Don't even bother using it - it gives you a false sense of security, it may seem to be working for a while - but eventually it will bite you in the ass.

It does NOT work with series recording on Media Centre - this week I've had it unschedule shows that I want to record and replace them with totally unrelated shows that I have no interest in.

Read some of the posts in this thread for more details: title keyword recordings not working as expected

This page: Compatibility mentions that it is compatible - but that is far from my experience.

Is there any chance that the Windows application will be fixed? Soon? I really like the features that Interactive offers - but I just can't use it if I can't be sure that it will schedule the correct shows.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:00:24 PM by Adrian3 »

Offline tvmandan

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: Interactive is NOT compatible with Windows 7 Media Center
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »
I think you'll find that all of the problems you mentioned were due to problems with how IceTV handled the daylight savings change on Windows 7 Media Center. I had the same problems you've mentioned but I think you'll find that the unrelated shows were close to the time slot of the show you intended to record and somehow IceTV couldn't manage the daylight savings transition so set shows to record in the time slot before the one you intended to record.

My experience has been pretty good so far and version 3.0.0.10 seems to be reliable although I would love to see hard-padding control so that we can force media center to use two different tuners for back to back recordings.

I do hope the daylight savings problem is fixed for the transition back to daylight savings later this year. Stick with it for a while longer as I think you'll find it's pretty reliable (with the exception of daylight savings!)

Offline tvmandan

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
Funny, speaking of IceTV's poor handing of daylight savings.......my forum post is marked one hour later than what I posted it.  :P

Offline Adrian3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »
I wouldn't have thought daylight savings should affect me as I'm in Perth and we don't have daylight savings any more.

Offline A_G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:33:51 AM »
I don't see how this could be daylight saving related (but admit i could be wront) as i have had the same problem and the shows were showing up before DST.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »
I agree with the OP, IceTV are trying to treat 7MC like a dumb PVR and it doesn't work!!!

Until they start using the built in series/record functions, support hard padding, support extra metadata with thumbnails, add channel logo's and merely maintain the list of shows/series to record I wont touch it!!

I use the excellent IceTV EPG Data via BigScreenEPG + BSE by Remote intead!

PS. IceTV, stop sending me emails telling me about the great features I could be using that dont work properly with 7MC, Im not interested!  ::)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:21:02 PM by dJOS »
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Offline dgaust

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 02:28:40 PM »
The unregister for notifications.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
I like the general notifications I just get annoyed with the "why aren't you using these features" emails.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Interactive web and Safari

Started by Fester on Smart Recording website and General questions

2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
by Fester
question
ICE TV Interactive getting Exception System.Net.WebException

Started by ozbear on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post May 19, 2014, 04:22:30 PM