Author Topic: Topfield support  (Read 11170 times)

Offline tick007

• View Profile
Topfield support
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »
Are there any plans to add support for the Topfield 5000 PVRt to this widget?  It looks like we're only one step away from finally being able to update the EPG via IceTV on a Mac... all this widget needs to do is to push the downloaded ICE data on to the Toppy and I'd be one very happy camper!  :)

I think it's even possible to download the ICE data in the right format directly because the IceGuide4Topfield Windows software does this (uses a URL like /cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=topguide&tapver=200511111435).  This downloads the EPG_CACHE files that need to be uploaded to the Toppy... how hard is to modify this widget to do this?  Any chance of this happening in the not too distant future?

Regards,
Lee.

Offline Rod_Hagen

• View Profile
Re: Topfield support
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
Yes, I'd love to see this too, Lee. It seems very strange to me that it isn't possible for a simple TAP to be developed for the Toppy to enable this, given that we are clearly able to download the relevant data to our Macs, and Nathan Noates ( http://www.noates.com/index.html ) stuff makes it possible to use  a more basic system than IceTV from our Macs anyway (and even update the firmware on the Toppy from Macs etc). If an independent operator can offer such things for free, then surely IceTv can come up with the goods!

If IceTV ever want a beta tester for such things on a TF5000PVRt Masterpiece, let me know!

Cheers

Rod
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM by Rod_Hagen »

Offline wfdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:39:24 PM »
Bingo - he's done it. I've got the Ice EPG onto my Mac with this, but have not yet put it on the Topfield (because I'd done it with a Windows machine).
http://noates.com/downloads/ICEguide4Topfield0.1.app.zip

Offline Rod_Hagen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 04:31:25 PM »
Thanks for that info wfdonald. I look forward to giving it a go.

Cheers

Rod

Offline tick007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
Oh wow... this has certainly made my day. :)  It works nicely for me (even picks up the required HTTP proxy settings required on my LAN).  The *only* thing required now is a little preference item for "Schedule EPG download and upload to Toppy each day at: "...

*crosses fingers*

;)

Offline CEH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »
Hi--I agree-it works really well. I run a Mac Mini as a 'media centre' connected USB to my Toppy 5000 (I haven't done too much with it yet, beyond using Virtual PC to run the IceTV uploader, and pull down the odd recording to burn ).

I would love to ditch Virtual PC and run with MacTF, etc., but I need a way to schedule the daily EPG fetch and upload to the Toppy. I can do that with the IceTV tools in Windows under VPC. What would be great would be either:
> an option in the Mac widget to automatically upload after every fetch, or
> for the widget to be scriptable, so the fetch and upload could be ndividually scripted.

I'll keep my fingers crossed too  :)

Offline CEH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 02:07:04 PM »
Sorry--I realise Nathan's app is not a widget!

Offline RubberChicken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 03:20:31 AM »
I've been using Nathan's IceGuide4Topfield for my trial, and it worked fine. Nathan's said he might look at integrating it into MacTF-EPG, but he's seriously busy with other stuff for a while. Could be months off if he has time at all. MacTF-EPG is great as it already auto runs, has keyword matches / auto recording for your favourite timeslot jumping shows. It would be great if Ice could throw their resources behind something like this, given how much people like Nathan can achieve in their spare time.

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 02:20:34 PM »
Yes, Nathan has offered his code for us to embelish.  It is on our TODO list and we hope to have something with scheduled guide updates in the next couple of weeks.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Offline RubberChicken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »
Yes, Nathan has offered his code for us to embelish.  It is on our TODO list and we hope to have something with scheduled guide updates in the next couple of weeks.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Any news Peter?

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »
Sorry but it's not at the top of the list yet. We are working several other projects including proper EyeTV integration at the moment.  No estimate possible on the Toppy/Mac thing yet I'm sorry to say.

Peter

Offline RubberChicken

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 08:43:55 AM »
OK thanks Peter.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Display season and episode numbers on Topfield

Started by icedaddative on Topfield

5 Replies
Last post January 31, 2018, 06:05:56 PM