Author Topic: Time Zone  (Read 3706 times)

Offline mattsydoz

• View Profile
Time Zone
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Here's an interesting scenario. I'm currently in Kuala Lumpur where the time zone on my Mac is set to the local time zone (GMT +0800). When I look at the widget which is showing the guide for Melbourne it is showing what would have actually been on TV 3 hours ago and not what is currently on. For example, it's currently around 6pm in Malaysia. The widget is showing that National Nine News is on, which really was on at 6pm in Melbourne. Currently there is 3 hours time difference. Should it be showing what is currently on?

I don't have a device set up that I can record remotely so I am not sure if this would be affected.

I have noticed the iPhone app also shows the same.

What would happen when I am back in Melbourne and I forget to change my time zone?

Of course if it did show what is currently on then should the times be shown as my current time zone or the time in Melbourne?

What is the experience of others when being in different time zones to the location of their device?

Offline futzle

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: Time Zone
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
When I was in Canada in October, I used the iPhone app to schedule remote recordings onto my EyeTV installation in Melbourne.  I'd select Saturday's guide, and see shows that I know are on Sundays (though the time of day was correct local to Melbourne).  Despite this, the shows I queued to record did record properly.

It definitely looks like something in the iPhone app is using time-user-is-in instead of time-device-is-in.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Back in time for dinner - Education shorts

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 04:23:12 PM
by prl
xx
What, exactly does the "This time" recording option do?

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:52:35 PM
by prl
xx
The sometimes appearing 9HD News bulletin

Started by Andrew Smith on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post January 15, 2019, 09:12:50 PM
by Andrew Smith
xx
T2 Timer Issue post Daylight Saving