Author Topic: Program info not working  (Read 6741 times)

Offline george

• View Profile
Program info not working
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »
With the new 2.6 version of the widget, the following functionality has stopped working for me:
"Anywhere a show's name appears, it can be clicked to open a sheet containing more information."

Mac OSX 10.5.6 (iMac Core 2 Duo)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:35:07 PM by george »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Program info not working
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
Works for me in all widget views. OSX 10.5.8 (Edit: G5 iMac), widget 2.6(14).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:23:10 PM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline GregWormald

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
I just upgraded to the latest widget (2.6 (14)) and the program pop-up is no longer working.
Imac intel duo--OS 10.6.1
Tech support has been queried--but the last time I queried them I gave up waiting for a response after 3 months!
Greg

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
I just upgraded to the latest widget (2.6 (14)) and the program pop-up is no longer working.
Imac intel duo--OS 10.6.1
Tech support has been queried--but the last time I queried them I gave up waiting for a response after 3 months!
Greg
The Yahoo Widget (for PC - not Mac) just released, worked perfectly after I installed it but now is as yours so it may be a problem in the data retrieval or management  rather than part of the Mac v PC wars.
Regards Lindsay

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »
The dashboard widget runs fine for me on 10.6.1, I've tried a fresh install 5 mins ago on a separate user account and that one also works.

I think we will need more information to track this down.

Could you please try closing and reopening the widget (or just resetting it using cmd-R) and then try selecting different types of show, not-scheduled, scheduled, keyword matches etc on the TV Guide, Popular, Upcoming, My Shows and see if any of them work?? ( reset the widget between tests )

If you have submitted a report to support and have a case number then make sure you send them any information you can from your troubleshooting...
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline neilh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »
Hi,

Not working for me either - 24" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.5.8. New widget downloaded and installed today.

Widget closed and re-opened.

Widget reset.

Program listing is all OK but clicking on program no longer gives program info - very annoying, particularly as you are given no choice regarding widget update.

Hopefully will soon be fixed?

Regards,

Offline GregWormald

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
The dashboard widget runs fine for me on 10.6.1, I've tried a fresh install 5 mins ago on a separate user account and that one also works.

I think we will need more information to track this down.

Could you please try closing and reopening the widget (or just resetting it using cmd-R) and then try selecting different types of show, not-scheduled, scheduled, keyword matches etc on the TV Guide, Popular, Upcoming, My Shows and see if any of them work?? ( reset the widget between tests )

If you have submitted a report to support and have a case number then make sure you send them any information you can from your troubleshooting...

Nothing works--re-set, re-install, re-authorise, no programs expand at all, and "my upcoming shows" screen has no content at all, despite lots of content on the web page.

Greg

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
Thanks for the information neilh and GregWormald. 

Looking at both your accounts I can see that you have no devices configured for use with interactive. I ran my development copy of the widget against Greg's account and found that the error was due to having no devices in your device list. I cannot explain why that worked in the past but it fails now.

I have released a new widget 2.6 (15) that adds a "Dummy Device" for any users that have no devices on their account, this will allow the details view to work.

A more correct solution will be needed in a future update as we should really disable the recording functionality if no device exists on the account.

Thanks for your patience and willingness to help track down the issue.

Offline GregWormald

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:32:58 AM »
I found that the first time I downloaded this it said "Cannot install", and the old version was uninstalled.
What eventually worked was a re-install of (14) followed by a further download of (15).
I hope this helps somebody else (unless it was just a glitch on my computer).

Greg

Offline neilh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
Many thanks Greg - that has fixed it.

I don't have any device configured because, at the moment, I'm not actually  set-up for DTV recording on my computer.

I do, however find the widget extremely useful, while I am at the computer, to just check what programs are coming up before I head downstairs to put on the TV  ;)

It would be great if your "more correct solution" would still allow this.

Cheers

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SBS late program changes missed (Thu 12/9)

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

8 Replies
Last post September 14, 2019, 09:51:52 AM
by IanL-S
question
Program thumbnails

Started by bowser on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2019, 03:51:45 PM
by bowser
xx
The Whispers - weirdest program scheduling ever?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post May 21, 2019, 02:29:23 PM
by prl
xx
Plex Setup Instructions - Enhanced Guide setting & frequent program refreshes

Started by Peter_H on Plex

4 Replies
Last post April 19, 2019, 06:13:23 PM
by Peter_H