Author Topic: Problems with v1.24 - very slow (or non-existant) response  (Read 7433 times)

Offline adrian

• View Profile
Problems with v1.24 - very slow (or non-existant) response
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:10:30 AM »
Hi all,

Just subscribed to IceTV through the current special offer and I've been trying to get the widget working again for me - it worked fine in January during my free trial and on the few occassions I've looked at it since.

I installed the latest version but I'm not having much luck. I can authenticate and it will download the programs but it responds very slowly (if at all), eg if I click the button to choose the display type (ie three/five etc) it won't pop for several seconds. I can't resize the widget but can drag it around. Clicking on a program doesn't seem to do anything, ie the details don't come up.

I've restarted the computer (several times), reinstalled the widget (several times), deleted anything that have "icetv" in it but still no luck?

Any other suggestions?

I'm using a mobile home directory if that makes any difference?

Regards,

Adrian
iMac G5, 2.5GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.4.7
Elgato EyeTV for DTT

Offline adrian

• View Profile
Re: Problems with v1.24 - very slow (or non-existant) response
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »
I'm still having problems with this.

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried a completely new user (standard local account) and it still has problems, i.e. the widget basically locks up, sometimes when I click a program, sometimes when I'm scrolling and sometimes it is frozen when I open it up.

I've not be able to use the widget it to schedule any recordings at all since I signed up :(

Regards,

Adrian

Offline adrian

• View Profile
Further problems - "Unknown" Channels
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 12:27:04 AM »
I've been deleting prefs etc trying to get this thing to work and have now come up with another problem...

Some of the channels in the list that come up in the assignment pop-up are listed as "unknown" so I can't integrate the missing channels (eg ABC2) with EyeTV. They don't seem to be in the same order as in EyeTV so I can't even guess which they might be.

Any suggestions?

Adrian

Offline adrian

• View Profile
Re: Further problems - "Unknown" Channels
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »
I've been deleting prefs etc trying to get this thing to work and have now come up with another problem...

Some of the channels in the list that come up in the assignment pop-up are listed as "unknown" so I can't integrate the missing channels (eg ABC2) with EyeTV. They don't seem to be in the same order as in EyeTV so I can't even guess which they might be.

Any suggestions?

Adrian

Update - widget seems to be updating OK now after many resets/permission deletions etc.

However, I'm still having the problem with some EyeTV channels (often the ones I want to record) showing up as "unknown" in the widget when trying to assign them to Ice channels.

So far no response from support regarding that one :(

(resetting widget and/or deleting preferences hasn't fixed it)

Adrian

Offline adrian

• View Profile
Re: Further problems - "Unknown" Channels
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 11:04:09 PM »
Update - widget seems to be updating OK now after many resets/permission deletions etc.

Spoke to soon... widget is still freezing up when I switch to "all" view. I have to delete widget prefs to get it responsive again :(

Adrian

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with v1.24 - very slow (or non-existant) response
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 10:58:39 AM »
Wow. I'm sorry, I didn't see this thread.

It's a known issue that if you have a long list of scheduled programs in EyeTV that can slow the widget down, but it sounds like that's not your specific issue.

I know it's not the perfect response, but the EPG will be integrated into the EyeTV software very soon. It'd be nice to get the widget working for you though, so I've PMed you my contact details. I'll do whatever I can to help.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Movie: The Divine Order - synopsis problems

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2019, 10:16:53 PM
by prl
xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM