Author Topic: IceTV v1.1 Dashboard Widget & EyeTV 2.1  (Read 12824 times)

Offline nlmorris

• View Profile
IceTV v1.1 Dashboard Widget & EyeTV 2.1
« on: April 02, 2006, 03:41:08 PM »
I have just installed EyeTV 2.1 and the IceTV Widget v1.1 on my G5 iMac. I have created a paid subscription account with IceTV so that I can schedule recordings. However I am having difficulties getting the Widget to communicate with EyeTV.

When I select a program to record using EyeTV, I get an error message, "There is no corresponding EyeTV channel. Please select an EyeTV channel for it on the back of the widget ("i")". I think the error is happening because of the problem below.

In the example provided by IceTV http://www.icetv.com.au/support/howto/howtoiceguide4widgeteyetv/ they show in the widget settings that you need to add a channel (which I have done) and also choose the corresponding EyeTV channel for each channel I have added to the widget. I am unable to do the later. In my settings there are no corresponding EyeTV channels to choose from. Just a lot of listings that say "(null)". I also have enable the EyeTV option.

Is there anyone who has overcome this problem?

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM by nlmorris »

Offline crawf

• View Profile
Re: IceTV v1.1 Dashboard Widget & EyeTV 2.1
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »
Have the same problem - I called the IceTV help number and they said it is a known problem. The support guy asked if I was interested in being emailed a beta copy of the updated widget in a few days and I said yes.

Unfortunately that was over a week ago now and no beta software was ever sent...

Hopefully they have not forgotten us - the EyeTV setup is far less useful without the link to a good guide.

Crawf

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »
Don't know why you didn't get the beta you were promised but if you email me your email address I'll arrange it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV peter.vogel@icetv.com.au

Offline nlmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:02:27 AM »
I would really like to get a copy of the beta version widget if you think it will solve my problem. I tried to email a request to you at (peter.vogel@icetv.info), however it bounced.

Nathan.

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:09:39 AM »
Can do - not sure where you got icetv.info from? see previous msg for correct email.

Peter

Offline nlmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »
Peter,

I have completely deleted the old widget and the preference file. When I first installed the widget you gave me it comes up telling me that there is a newer version available. Do I want to "Download Now" or "Download Later"?

I currently have selected download later, and I still seem to be having the same problem. Am I doing something wrong :-/?

Nathan.

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
Nathan, we just completed a new version today, which I have emailed you now. Give that a go please.

Offline nlmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »
IceTV v1.2 Dashboard Widget seems to solve the problem with EyeTV 2.1  ;D

Thanks for your help Peter.

Offline woodywoodhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »
v1.1 widget works with EyeTV 2.1 fine for me in Sydney. I tired 1.2 but the cute little red REC button does not appear when you schedule a recording so I'm back on 1.1 until this is fixed.
 :-/

Offline nlmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »
I have noticed that the Record symbol does not appear as suggested in the instructions as well.

Also now I am finding many programs are not being listed by the IceTV v1.1 Dashboard Widget. eg 23/04/06 Channel 7 (Sydney) - Gosford Park 8:30pm does not appear in the widget so I cannot record it. This seems to be happening alot.

Is anyone else noticing these sorts of problems?

Nathan.

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 07:55:09 AM »
This problem has been noted and we rae fixing it as we speak.  The whole EyeTV thing got complicated with the release of V2 that uses a different set of preferences.

Sorry about the inconvenience, expect to see the update messge appear in the next 48 hours.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Offline woodywoodhouse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »
Still no little red REC button when I have scheduled a recording so I'm using the older version of the widget. The problem is that it keeps hassling me to download the update. Anyway of turning that off or of fixing the problem with the newer version?

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »
That problem has been fixed and a few others as well.  We are testing at the moment to check that no new issues have been created. We expect this update to be released in the next day or so.  If you'd like an advanced copy to try out please email me and I'll send it to you.

BTW the "don;t ask me about updating again" is a good idea and I will put it on the list.

Thanks

Peter

peter.vogel@icetv.com.au

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Is IceTV a 7 day EPG, or 5 day EPG ?

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post October 17, 2019, 07:43:57 PM
by chopper
xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex