Author Topic: EyeTV2 has IceGuide Support  (Read 7334 times)

Offline russellb

• View Profile
EyeTV2 has IceGuide Support
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:38:17 PM »
Sorry if this is listed elsewhere but I just downloaded the latest EyeTV ver 2 and it has built in support for Ice Guide.

I am on holidays so dont have my EyeTV 410 with me to try it out but looking foward to trying it

cheers

Russell

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: EyeTV2 has IceGuide Support
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »
After contact with Elgato it seems that only the menu options are currently available for iceguide. The actual parts to download the guide didn't make it in (there was a specific shipping date that had to be met). However these will be included in the next free upgrade which will be 2.1, we unfortunately do not have a firm timeframe for when this version will be out as well.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Shane

• Vista Premium & Elgato EyeTV User
    • View Profile
    • shasam.net
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
I got this upgrade as well (it is paid for unless you bought your Elgato product after December 1st 2005) and am excited to see this option, and look forward to the version with working IceTV support.

As for an update, it is a much nicer application and handles HDTV streams far better (no jerkiness) on my iMac G5 2.0GHz, where the 1.8.x versions for HDTV were not smooth.

The app itself is better integrated and easier to navigate, and the one click to iPod Video or Roxio Toast is nice, although I wish they would add output to DVR-MS (dreaming!) or any registered Quicktime codec (I have the Flip4Mac WMV Studio codec installed) so I could play it back on my Media Center.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Offline matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 11:16:18 AM »
The app itself is better integrated and easier to navigate, and the one click to iPod Video or Roxio Toast is nice, although I wish they would add output to DVR-MS (dreaming!) or any registered Quicktime codec (I have the Flip4Mac WMV Studio codec installed) so I could play it back on my Media Center.

You should drop them a note on feedback page...

http://elgato.com/index.php?file=support_feedback
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 23" ACD, EyeTV 410 - EyeTV2.1

Offline Shane

• View Profile
    • shasam.net
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:49 AM »
Great idea - feedback has been sent.

Regards,
Shane.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
    • shasam.net
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 07:49:23 PM »
Received an "interesting" response from Elgato support today:

"There is no IceTV support in EyeTV 2.  This is coming in the future. You can schedule programs using the IceTV widget.  That is the only thing now supported in relation to IceTV."

I have responded saying there are definately IceTV buttons and preferences in the application, asked if they should be there or not, and asked when we can expect full support.

Regards,
Shane.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
    • shasam.net
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 04:52:09 PM »
OK,

Elgato have now pointed me to this newly created page just for us:

http://faq.elgato.com/index.php/faq/more/350/

Regards,