Author Topic: All channel icons missing from widget  (Read 2051 times)

Offline neilh

• View Profile
All channel icons missing from widget
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »
I have used the IceTV OSX dashboard widget for several years now. Occasionally the window has problems or locks up and usually removing it from the dashboard and then re-adding fixes it.

Recently I had a problem with only part of the window showing so, as before, I removed it from the dashboard and then re-added it. After this it is again working OK and showing all the programs etc EXCEPT that the channel logos/identifiers are all missing from the left-hand side - for each channel, all that is there (to the left of the program info) is a white box.

In other words, I have all the program details and times, split into channels, I just don't know which channel is which!! I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

This rather limits it's usefulness until I can fix it ;o(

Anybody having the same problem or know how to fix it?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: All channel icons missing from widget
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 05:22:58 PM »
I'm only missing the icons (such as they are - for the ACT Guide, they're just pixmaps of text) for NITV. All the rest are there.

What IceTV region are you using? What widget version (I'm using 2.16 (28))?

As for the NITV logos, it's hardly surprising that they're missing. After all, NITV has only been on FTA TV since December 2012.
Peter
Beyonwiz DP-Lite, DP-P2 & DP-H1

Offline neilh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:56:32 PM »
Widget version is 2.12 (23) but, when I check updates, it says I am up-to-date and that this is the newest version available - so I'm not sure how you seem to be 4 versions further on - maybe because I'm running OSX 10.6.8 and later widgets require Lion or higher??

IceTV region is WA regional.

The strange thing is that all the logos/icons WERE showing (except NITV) and with the same version widget. It's just that the widget suddenly played up and just showed a small portion of the window and I had to remove it from the dashboard and then re-add it to get it working again. It now works in that it gets all the programs and descriptions but, as per my screenshot, the channel identification is GONE.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
I had downloaded a fresh copy of the widget to see whether there was a newer one than the one I've been running for ages, but the one available for download on the IceTV website is 2.16, the one I was already running.

I get "newest version available" when I check for updates in 2.16, but that's probably correct.

Try installing 2.16 and see if that helps. Keep the 2.12 installer, if you have one, just in case.

Offline neilh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
I used your link to download version 2.16 (28) and removed the old widget from the dashboard and removed the widget file from my widgets folder and trashed it (& emptied trash) I then installed the new version.

However after installation, the OLD version popped up complete with my old channel choices!!?

Im very confused:
  • With finder, there is no IceTV widget in Library/Widgets
  • With finder, the IceTV widget in ~/Library/Widgets is showing as version 2.16 (28)
  • The actual widget which opens says it is version 2.12 (23) and, when I check updates, it says I am up-to-date and that this is the newest version available.
What is going on here?

I even tried looking at the package contents for the widget and noticed:
  • In the file info.plist I can see:
    • <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    • <string>2.16(28)</string>
  • In a folder images/Channels are all the chanel incons which are not displaying in the widget.

After deleting the old widget and re-installing the new one, I expected to have to set-up from scratch authorising the widget, setting up the channels I wished to display, etc. Instead, it seems like the old widget with my old choices is displaying. This makes me wonder if there is some sort of Apple Dashboard cache and/or dashboard preferences which are retaining the old stuff and need clearing?

Any ideas?

Offline neilh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 10:50:05 PM »
Well, I've now removed and deleted the IceTV widget and deleted the dashboard cache, 2 dashboard preference files and the IceTV widget preference file.
I've then restarted the computer, re-installed and re-authorised the widget and that certainly cleared my preselected channels and the widget is now correctly showing itself as version 2.16 (28).
I've re=selected and ordered my channels and the widget is generally behaving as expected - EXCEPT that the channel logos/identifiers are all still missing from the left-hand side - for each channel, all that is there (to the left of the program info) is a white box. (as in my original screenshot).
At this point, I can only conclude the widget is basically faulty :o((

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Full range of icons on PC Widget

Started by Gary

0 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 10:03:50 PM
by Gary
xx
Gold Coast Channel Icons

Started by Jason W

3 Replies