Author Topic: Uploading to PVR with windows 7  (Read 3719 times)

Offline jmsbar

• View Profile
Uploading to PVR with windows 7
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:10 PM »
Using the ''Ice Guide 4 Topfield" program with Windows 7 RC results in Blue Screen Of Death when I go to upload the guide.
I can connect and recognise the toppy, connect to the ice servers ok & download the guide, but it crashes the laptop when I click upload.

Wondering if anyone has got it to work?

Offline choo

• View Profile
Re: Uploading to PVR with windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
Hi

I have the same issue - Just installed win7 and can't get icetvfortoppy working... Blue screens.

Did you get this resolved?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »
Did you install the Vista compat Topfield USB drivers?   Go to Topfield Korea to get them.   It is tfbulk.sys/etc.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline choo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
Thanks!

Remember needing to do this when Vista came out - ice TV might want to update your doco on this?

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=109&faq_cat_id=1

Cheers

Offline Sturg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
Did you install the Vista compat Topfield USB drivers?   Go to Topfield Korea to get them.   It is tfbulk.sys/etc.

I was having the same problem using Win 7 Pro, but after speaking to IceTv support I followed their recommended sequence.

1. Uninstall the old Topfield USB drivers (which also gave me the BSoD)
2. Get the one that covers Vista from page 2 of the Downloads/Utilities page on the Topfield site.
3. Install, and Bob's your uncle!

I did the above and am back on the air just fine. (Now doing a Lazarus on the IceBox 2 is anothe rissue)

Daryl

Share via facebook Share via twitter