Author Topic: Topfield 7100 Timer list Problem/Bug  (Read 8750 times)

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
Topfield 7100 Timer list Problem/Bug
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
I have succesfully set up my TF7100 wirelessly and also with the yahoo widget, everything.

The only negative is when I go to the timer list on the PVR I cannot see the name of each recording. Even if I press the info button. It just shows the time and the channel that is recording. I hope this can be fixed. Not much use if I can't see on my PVR what is scheduled as well. I dont want to be glued to the computer for watching/recording TV all the time.

Anyone else experienced this? What about on the TF7000?

I notice if I set a recording from the guide on the PVR (which is downloaded from ICE) it works fine. The details are only missing when the PVR gets it direct from ICE throught the internet

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Topfield 7100 Timer list Problem/Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
Hi,

A new version of the Topfield 7100 firmware should be released soon that will hopefully resolve most issues.

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=118&faq_cat_id=27

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 08:39:44 AM »
Ok that is good news.

It should be noted also that the timer list of programs doesn't show the name of the scheduled recording regardless of using ICETV or inbuilt EPG.

Timers set using inbuilt EPG can be viewed using the info button to see the name of the scheduled program. But the front screen of the timer list only shows the name of the channel set to record. Not very friendly when you just want to check if you have scheduled a show.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
Nothing has changed from the Topfield 5K days hey.   That had so many requests to fix it.   In the end, I coded around it with timer_extend to display the name as you highlighted each entry, Andy with PBK went one step further and "overlayed" the names over the top of the channel names, and finally a firmware hack came out to repoint that field to the timer name rather than channel name.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »
Well that's just bloody ridiculous. Aren't these things sold as a PVR? They should work as a PVR straight out of the box and tested fully before using the public as guinea pigs.

We are all of a sudden in an age where we expect to have to fix something the minute we buy it. And we seem to be accepting of that.

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »
Unfortunately Topfield have not yet finished full integration of our IceTV Interactive TV recording features for the TF7100 despite what has been suggested. We had hoped this would have been done prior to launching their new product and we are obviously disapointed also.

The good news is that Topfield are working very hard to release a new firmware that is stable and that supports IceTV Interactive. We are testing their latest firmware and while there are still some minor issues needed to be resolved by their software engineers, it is getting very close.

We expect this development to be completed in the coming days and as soon as we have had adequate time to test the most recent firmware, we will notify all TF7100 users of the good new so that you can start your free subscription. Please register your interest via our "Contact Us" page (Title the query "TF7100" and direct it to "Sales"). (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact)

We want to ensure that you get the best possible experience from IceTV and your TF7100.

If you have further questions regarding the progress with their firmware update or would like to alert them to possible Channel Mapping issues we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development work or the time needed to complete it.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Display season and episode numbers on Topfield

Started by icedaddative on Topfield

5 Replies
Last post January 31, 2018, 06:05:56 PM
by DeltaMikeCharlie