Author Topic: SLUG / Puppy Compatibility  (Read 5007 times)

Offline smithy2167

• View Profile
SLUG / Puppy Compatibility
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »
Has anyone tried IceTV with a Toppy connected over Ethernet via a Linksys NSLU2 (aka SLUG) running Puppy?

My understanding is that Puppy only supports file transfers between the PC and Toppy.  Is the ICEGuide simply a file that's transferred to the Toppy or does the PC application need to talk somehow to the TAP?  (Can a PC App talk to a TAP?)

Dave.

Offline pvogel

• View Profile
Re: SLUG / Puppy Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:54:23 PM »
Good idea.  We haven;t done it yet, but it is only a metter of file transfers, so might be a simple modification to our loader.  I'll put it on the list to examine.  Let me know if you want to experiment yourself and I'l lgive you some pointers.

Offline rwhitby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:41:56 PM »
Another alternative is using the ftpd-topfield Unslung package on the Asus WL-500gx router.  Then the ICE uploader could just FTP the file up to the correct place on the TopField.

-- Rod

Offline dusura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 07:32:35 PM »
Good idea.  We haven;t done it yet, but it is only a metter of file transfers, so might be a simple modification to our loader.  I'll put it on the list to examine.  Let me know if you want to experiment yourself and I'l lgive you some pointers.

Hi,

I have the same setup. I have a SLUG with ftpd-topfield packag installed so I can FTP files. Could you tell me what files I need to copy where? I see there are a bunch of files in xml directory: ice, ice_epg_loader_200511111435.tap etc

Thanks in advance

Offline dusura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 08:52:43 AM »
Ended up using TED-ICE for EPG transfer. It has the added advantage of supporting timer setting.

Still it would be great if IceGuide4Topfield supported FTP transfer. Our even better, if there was a package you could install on the SLUG to do it all. I would guess that the firmware for the routers supplied by IceTV is Linux-based so maybe it wouldn't be that hard to port it to the SLUG.

Offline fredflinstone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
ICE Guide Puppy / SLUG

Started by fredflinstone on Topfield

4 Replies
Last post September 28, 2007, 11:48:05 AM
by xcaliba