Author Topic: Device Type Unrecognisable  (Read 1142 times)

Offline cabentley

• View Profile
Device Type Unrecognisable
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:36:33 PM »
I have been using my Topfield 2400 and IceTV for a long time now and enjoy using it except when it decides to have a glitch every now and then. So a week ago the topfield stopped receiving icetv guide and my recordings. I've done various resends and checking everything. Tonight I thought I would start again and do a factory reset etc but I noticed that when I enabled icetv it has as the device type - None. It is not coming up with my Topfield. Any suggestions please? 

Offline Ragdoll

• View Profile
Re: Device Type Unrecognisable
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:29 PM »
I used to have this problem with mine when it was on WiFi, with the dongle.  I recently had bith my TV & the Toppy hardwired into my internet, so that they are no longer on WiFi.  I have found that fixed my problems.  No more dropping out & losing connection with the internet. Much better.  Is this possible for you?

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
"Device: None" can happen when either:

- The username and/or password are incorrect,
- The Topfield thinks it has a network connection but it cannot actually access the Internet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:51:22 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
Check the gateway setting -it should be the IP address of your router
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help
ozSKIPPA wiki coming soon (I hope)

Offline Leon K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »
I have been using my Topfield 2400 and IceTV for a long time now and enjoy using it except when it decides to have a glitch every now and then. So a week ago the topfield stopped receiving icetv guide and my recordings. I've done various resends and checking everything. Tonight I thought I would start again and do a factory reset etc but I noticed that when I enabled icetv it has as the device type - None. It is not coming up with my Topfield. Any suggestions please? 

Hi cabentley,

It looks like your device hasn't logged into IceTV since 2015-06-09, the most likely cause of this is the Topfield not having internet access. Please follow the steps below to re-connect it:

Are you using a WIFI dongle (wireless connection) or an ethernet cable (wired connection) to connect to your router?

Re-enable the Network:

- Press MENU>INSTALLATION>NETWORK SETTING>IP SETTING.
- Choose your WIRED/WIRELESS LAN connection type. (Skip to the * Below if using WIRED)
- Select AP list and press OK. A list of available networks will be shown, then select your personal network.
- Enter the pre-shared key which is also known as your network password. (Note: Network password must be exactly the same as your router setting including Upper/Lower case and any numbers used)
- Press OK.
*- Now highlight Activate and change to ON.
- A successful connection will populate all the IP settings and the Level/Quality bars on the TV screen will show a high percentage level. If the fields are not populated check the password and any security settings.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Rename Device XML vs JSON

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie on XMLTV (General)

0 Replies
Last post March 23, 2018, 12:00:40 PM
by DeltaMikeCharlie
xx
Recording the same program on a different device

Started by TimC on Smart Recording on Windows Phone

0 Replies
Last post October 08, 2017, 09:04:12 PM
by TimC
xx
Device name missing from "Reschedule recording on"

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions