Author Topic: TF7100 No channel Map Data error  (Read 21478 times)

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
TF7100 No channel Map Data error
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
I have been having issues with Icetv guide. I know there will be a firmware update, but would like to report my errors here so they can be considered by the two companies involved.

2 issues have been happening.

1) Every now and then the guide just will not load, keeps saying "no channel map data" , "please reload guide". No idea how you are supposed to do that. have left it for a few hours to see if it updates itself and nothing happened. Only way I got it to go again was perform factory reset and then had to set up the network and ftp settings again.

2) Whenever the icetv is enabled and I go to guide, it sometimes freezes and will not exit out. Even the scrolling display on the front of the unit stops scrolling. I have to power down via the remote and reboot.

Offline injidup

• View Profile
Re: TF7100 No channel Map Data error
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
My 7100 has just started doing the same thing after a week of working fine!

I've recreated the device (with a different name) on the IceTV Interactive site, and the change has been picked up by the Toppy, but still no change in the guide.  :-[

Offline hallycat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »
Same thing happened to me. I am wondering whether it is the Interactive stuff that is upsetting the system.
My toppy worked fine for two weeks then today I lost all settings for Ice 3 times and it got harder and harder to load the map.
There is definitely a bug in the current TF7100 firmware. :'(

From all accounts on DTV forum and Whirlpool (still not many yet) those complaining have all had exactly the same problem.

The 7100 is a very new PVR and most people have only had them for a couple of weeks or so...my guess is that there will be many more to find this problem in the coming weeks.

I will ring TF on Monday to let them know.
I only know of one person who has called them about this and he suggested I call them as he was the only person to have complained about this problem so far.

I would advise that anyone having the problem let them know at TF so they realise it is a serious problem.

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:16:26 AM »
Has anyone had their TF7100 just lose ALL the settings. I've gone to turn mine on this morning and it was like I just pulled it out of the box. Had to do the whole setup again. Didn't lose my recordings though.

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »
Unfortunately Topfield have not yet finished full integration of IceTV for the TF7100. They have been made aware of some Channel Mapping issues (namely Ch10HD and ABC1).

We had hoped this would have been done prior to launching their new product and we are obviously eagerly anticipating the release of a stable firmware which supports all of IceTV's Interactive features. We have been testing the latest firmware, but unfortunately there are still some minor issues needed to be resolved by their software engineers before you can utilise all of IceTV's features to their full capabilities.

We expect this development to be completed in the coming days and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will notify all TF7100 users via email. Please register your interest via our "Contact Us" page (Title the query "TF7100" and direct it to "Sales"). (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact)

As many customers received a Free 3 month Gift Subscription with the device as part of their purchase, we want to ensure that you get the best experience from IceTV and from your Free subscription.

There was an issue with LCN's for Ch10HD and ABC1 in Sydney and Topfield have added a channel mapping feature for these channels. If you have further questions regarding the progress with their firmware update or would like to alert them to possible Channel Mapping issues we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development work or the time needed to complete it.

Regards,

IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Offline chuckie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
And another one.... 

I have been using Icetv interactive on my new 7100 quite happily for 2 weeks now without any problem.  On Friday evening, I switched on the unit and it went into system settings.  It had lost most of my settings (all my network but not my IceTV user stuff).  Set all that up again but I kept getting "no channel map data" , "please reload guide".  It wouldn't reload the epg so I left it for a few hours to see if it would eventually refresh itself.  No joy - I just finished a factory reset and everything is back to normal.

Several times during that time the remote would do nothing except let me power off the 7100.  After powering again, I could change channels, etc until it locked up again a few hours later. 

Hope the promised upgrade fixes thing.  Maybe I should have gone for the Beyonwiz.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »
The Beyonwiz has its quirks with respect to media file (and DVD) playback, but thankfully the PVR aspects are pretty bullet proof (the media stuff is pretty good still, don't get me wrong).   I sooooo much wanted to keep supporting the Topfield after all the years of supporting the 5K, but the 7K specifications and early purchaser reports were a real dissapointment, so I decided to sit tight and wait.   Then the Beyonwiz came along at a price too good to refuse, but I think (apart from the excellent stuff DeAngelis has done for the enhancement of the 7100 interface, and has a lot of potential!!) is the better box of the two.
And works 99% for ICE here in Sydney at least (just the rescheduled stuff seems to be an issue as I don't think ICE sends deletes/moves thru).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:20 AM »
Some good news everyone...

Topfield have recently flown out their engineers from Korea and are now actively working on fixing the current firmware problems for the TF7100 and will look to release an update that reliably supports IceTV Interactive in the near future, so that everyone can start to truly enjoy the benefits of IceTV.

We will update everyone as soon as there is any further information regarding the necessary development work needed to be carried out.

Fingers crossed it will not take Topfield too much longer.

Regards,

mattk

Offline glennbec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
Hi All,

I just got my 7100 set up on my home network with ICETV registered and connecting through and I am having the same issues as everyone here.  When iItry and fetch the guide it says "No Channel Map data"......whatever that means.

I am running application version 1.11.10 and firmware version 1.0.15.  What is everyone else running?

Does anyone know how to get around this error message?  I'm keen to start using ICETV.

Also what is the latest firmware for the 7100?  I have heared that there is a 1.0.17?  Is anyone running this?  does it fix the ICETV issues?

Many thanks

Glenn

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »
Also what is the latest firmware for the 7100?  I have heared that there is a 1.0.17?  Is anyone running this?  does it fix the ICETV issues?

Hi Glenn,

We are testing yet another firmware update from Topfield (v1.11.21) and so far it is looking OK but not all the issues have been resolved, so it is still not yet ready for IceTV.

If you want access to the latest firmware you will need to contact Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 and request it.

There are some minor issues needed to be resolved by their engineers before the software is stable enough for consumers to reliably utilise all of IceTV's features.

From correspondence with Topfield we expect this development to be completed in the near future and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will email you so that you can start your free 3 month subscription. We want to ensure that you get the best experience from IceTV and from your free subscription.

If you have further questions regarding the progress we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development time needed to complete this work.

We apologise for any inconvenience this delay from Topfield may cause and we will notify you of the good news as soon as we can.

Regards,

IceTV

Offline wally3218

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »
Hi guys I've been as frustrated as everyone else trying to get this working I have found a lot of support on the http://forum.itopfield.com.au site This was posted recently.

Bluesuede (2008-09-14)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys...please remember if you are going to try the beta software..always ALWAYS do a full factory reset after the new firmware is loaded and when doing so have it remove all channel and timer information. Then rescan all services and re-set up your PVR. Wait for the IceTV guide to load before checking LCN mapping (this can take quite a while, so leave it for an hour or so), and ensure you do a "resend all recordings" from the IceTV site if you have timer recordings already set there.

I would not recommend you trial beta firmware if you aren't prepared to set up the PVR from scratch once you've loaded it. And you must always bear in mind that this is not official release firmware, so if you aren't confident with setting everything up and having other potential bugs surface, then please just wait for the final release version.

Cheers

You can get V1.00.19 from http://www.filefactory.com/file/957533/n/1_00_19_upd

I dont know who are more frustrated the users of TF7100 or IceTV staff.

Goodluck,

Wally

SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »
Hi guys I've been as frustrated as everyone else trying to get this working I have found a lot of support on the http://forum.itopfield.com.au site This was posted recently.

Bluesuede (2008-09-14)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys...please remember if you are going to try the beta software..always ALWAYS do a full factory reset after the new firmware is loaded and when doing so have it remove all channel and timer information. Then rescan all services and re-set up your PVR. Wait for the IceTV guide to load before checking LCN mapping (this can take quite a while, so leave it for an hour or so), and ensure you do a "resend all recordings" from the IceTV site if you have timer recordings already set there.

I would not recommend you trial beta firmware if you aren't prepared to set up the PVR from scratch once you've loaded it. And you must always bear in mind that this is not official release firmware, so if you aren't confident with setting everything up and having other potential bugs surface, then please just wait for the final release version.

Cheers

You can get V1.00.19 from http://www.filefactory.com/file/957533/n/1_00_19_upd

I dont know who are more frustrated the users of TF7100 or IceTV staff.

Goodluck,

Wally

Yeah if I was ICETV company I would be extremely pissed as the Topfield product is making it look bad to first time users. I know the ICETV is great and works flawlesly as I have used it on a mediacentre before no probs. But many others haven't had the joy before.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt firmware released.

More information available in our new section at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=221
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline pinklink

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »
i have downloaded the latest firmware today and i still get this error.  my topfield 7100 connects and says success when i try to connect bu i can not get any info for the epg.  so to me the firmware update has not worked.
michael

Offline abes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
I downloaded the firmware update (v 1.11.13) and then did a factory reset and rescanned the channels, re-setup my network data and all is now working OK.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Blank guide & reservations on TF7100HDPVRt

Started by syneryder on Topfield TF7100HDPVRt

1 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 07:09:37 AM
by IanL-S
angry
TRF-2400 + TF7100HDPVRt reboot when logging in to IceTV (Melbourne)

Started by IanL-S on Topfield

33 Replies
Last post November 11, 2016, 01:41:52 PM
by Dave at IceTV
xx
Re: TF7100HDPlus firmware download links not working?

Started by kurzweilfreak on Topfield

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2013, 05:23:22 PM
by IanL-S
xx
TF7100HDPLUS firmware update - December

Started by idealist on Topfield

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2012, 04:11:45 PM
by IanL-S