Author Topic: re occuring issues  (Read 2408 times)

Offline horse691

• View Profile
re occuring issues
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »
hi all- Hope some one can help
My Toppy 7100 often fails to update both EPG and timers; :( thjis of course really anyos the heck out of me
the problem is intermitent (even worse) the syptoms
EPG showing the wrong days programming and the wrong time - I have tried both manual and auto time settings
Timers not updating - at this stage interactive shows 18 timers over the next 4 days - toppy has none
Toppy is conected to a wired network - optus cable and is plugged into hte cable router -
the only way ping works is to use the optus dns settings - so its set with primary router mine dns and secondary dns to optus - this will allow me to ping both internally and externally - sometimes - other times network not active.

FTP works internally
ICetTV connectivity is also spasmodic - if it connects i get 0 epg 0 programs - sometimes 15  -20 minutes later the timeres will update
This is getting really annoying -
any ideas??

chris

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: re occuring issues
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:59:06 AM »
I am guessing that if the 7100 is like the 5K and the TRF 2400 in the manual clock department, this will explain some of your issues.    Are you running manual time?   If so... read this thread: http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2059.0  and my posts about it.     I am quite familiar with the way the 5K does its manual time "GMT offset" calculation, which is is necessary to deal with the GMT based ICE EPG & timer info.    The 2400 appears to be the same, and I was wondering when I was writing that response in the 2400 thread why no-one has done such kind of tests/observations on the 7100.  Run "auto" clock and see if this sorts out some of your issues.

As for why you aren't getting anything, I don't think the clock can explain that one!   Updates to the ICE server aren't instantaneous, the PVR is only allowed to poll every 30mins or less for data.
FTP works to your home PC, but to get to ICE you need to route and resolve hostnames, so is your gateway and DNS setup correctly?   If you are using DHCP, perhaps your router DNS is playing up or hasn't given the Toppy a decent DNS server IP?   Does the Toppy let you view these parameters when you are setup for DHCP?

Regards
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:02:47 AM by tonymy01 »
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline horse691

• View Profile
Re: re occuring issues
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »
all is good on theh dhcp and ip addresses - as the 7100 allows me to manually give it an ip and dns sever address (confirmend the dns are corrct via iphone)
all good ATM but we will wait and see--

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Street Outlaws

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post August 14, 2020, 12:05:03 PM
by aeb001
xx
Street Outlaws: Memphis

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies