Author Topic: Problems with Interactive & TF7100HDPVRt  (Read 7334 times)

Offline jorkrim

• View Profile
Problems with Interactive & TF7100HDPVRt
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
I've recently set-up my TF7100HDPVRt and am having a few problems...

1. Some recordings are showing as queued but are not getting scheduled on the PVR. I think a couple of instances might be due to recording conflicts (and should be marked as "Error" instead of "Queued"). However in at least some instances, there are no recordings anywhere near the queued record. Has anyone had this problem ? Is there a fix/workaround ?

2. On my first day of use I recorded 3 shows and 2 of them had the first 5 minutes cut-off, probably due to an earlier than scheduled start. Is there anyway to pad the start of a record without recording the previous programming or manually adjusting each record manually on the PVR ?

I spoke to Ice Support on the phone this morning and they were unable to resolve either problem.

Offline A_G

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Interactive & TF7100HDPVRt
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »
I have had similar issues with recordings, usually when I clear all and resubmit (firmware upgrade etc.). Also with the odd show not wanting to record. Sometimes even though Ice says it is still waiting it has actually gone across to be recorded. Until you get familiar with the quirks it is a good idea to double check Ice with the PVR once or twice a week.

Unfortunately there is no way to pad recordings at the beginning unless you manually adjust the timer. I have had very few rare incidences of programs starting early (I will every so often miss the first minute, particuarly when both tuners are in use). It is more of a problem missing the end of a show because it over runs.

Offline jorkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
Thanks for that. Sounds a bit unreliable, I think I'll just use the Guide via the PVR for scheduling.

Offline osrg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »
I've recently set-up my TF7100HDPVRt and am having a few problems...

1. Some recordings are showing as queued but are not getting scheduled on the PVR. I think a couple of instances might be due to recording conflicts (and should be marked as "Error" instead of "Queued"). However in at least some instances, there are no recordings anywhere near the queued record. Has anyone had this problem ? Is there a fix/workaround ?

jorkrim.... my issues are exactly the same as yours on my 5 day old 7100. In addition to that, the main issue i have is that after the first grouping of shows that i scheduled on the IceTV interactive website are sent and confirmed as being scheduled on the PVR, every following show i schedule (regardless of whether it is before or after the initial group of recordings, a series recording or a single time record) does not show on the PVR.

I'm running current firmware, via wireless through my Netcomm NB6Plus4W ADSL2+ router. I tried resetting the unit to factory defaults and re-applying all settings to try and find a remedy this afternoon. Yet the same issue appiles. The first batch of recording are sent and shown, every one thereafter is not.

I'm personally horrified and angry that i've paid quite a large sum of $$$ for the PVR and subscribed to IceTV (again outlaying $$$) to have such a bug ridden system. A return to store will be happening on the weekend if my show i scheduled tonight are not set on the PVR in the morning.

Offline A_G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
Give it a week before you pass judgement. I always find that when I reset the PVR and resend the Ice recordings that it takes about a week to sort itself out and work properly (I generally don't miss recordings, it is just the doughnuts that are a bit iffy). There is also the odd program that I schedule with Ice that deletes itself. Just give Ice a call and they will look into it for you. I have always found them very helpful.

Offline osrg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 11:38:06 PM »
Give it a week before you pass judgement. I always find that when I reset the PVR and resend the Ice recordings that it takes about a week to sort itself out and work properly (I generally don't miss recordings, it is just the doughnuts that are a bit iffy). There is also the odd program that I schedule with Ice that deletes itself. Just give Ice a call and they will look into it for you. I have always found them very helpful.

Cheers AG....... after the full reset yesterday arvo and the re-entering of all the associated info (epg guide, network settings ftp settings etc.....) i checked early this morning to see if there was any success re: programs scheduled to record... and we have a winner!! Set some programs to record this evening before i left for work this morning and it seems to be stable and running 100% now, as they also scheduled and recorded successfully.

I have a sneaking suspicion that when i unplugged the wireless USB dongle to reconnect via a powered hub (running a WD Elements 1TB Ext. drive) a few days ago it may have scrambled the system or settings somehow... irrespective of the issues so far, i actually like the unit and i've found this forum a brilliant resource for everything PVR and Topfield related.

Thanks to all who have contributed in the many related threads i have poured over the last week!

Offline Jondalar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
I find the wireless on my TF7100 is disappointing in one aspect in particular, when the Toppy turns on it checks for internet, if that fails for any reason it then sits there and never tries to connect again.  Has anyone found a way to automatically reconnect the net if it fails?  Currently I have to go into network settings then disconnect, reconnect and save, then go into EPG settings go off IceTV and exit, then go in to EPG setting again and reselect IceTV.

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
I find the wireless on my TF7100 is disappointing in one aspect in particular, when the Toppy turns on it checks for internet, if that fails for any reason it then sits there and never tries to connect again.  Has anyone found a way to automatically reconnect the net if it fails?  Currently I have to go into network settings then disconnect, reconnect and save, then go into EPG settings go off IceTV and exit, then go in to EPG setting again and reselect IceTV.

I see that this post has not been responded to. Do you still have the problem? I think that you might need to check your network settings - in my case the 7100 checks the wireless network when it comes out of standby and again every minute or so. If the network comes up some time after turnon the TF finds it and connects within 1 minute.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Problems with Guide

Started by mark4323 on Beyonwiz

2 Replies
Last post September 22, 2020, 08:56:11 PM
by mark4323
xx
Movie: The Divine Order - synopsis problems

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2019, 10:16:53 PM