Author Topic: Is pre-padding possible?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
Is pre-padding possible?
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
I am finding that some scheduled recordings begin a few seconds after the show has started - especially on ABC2. Perhaps it is because the show starts on time and the TF takes some time to get going or perhaps it is because the show starts early - can't tell. I have the time set automatically so theoretically it should be in synch with the network timing.

I know that I could manually edit each timer to make it start earlier but if I'm going to do that I lose some of the benefit of the Interactive feature. The TF won't let me add pre-padding like it does with post-padding  - at least with current firmware - so I wonder whether it could be something that ICE could implement?

Offline strangr

• View Profile
Re: Is pre-padding possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:23:56 AM »
not with topfield it is not.

Something i raised in another post is that ICETV actually advertised it as one of the features on the service, bit misleading as you can not actually set it, it's box Dependant.  :(

i wish icetv would allow you to set pre and post padding and it be added to the actual set rec time, i could then erase the post padding from the box and it would record the entire shows. Problem with post padding on the box is if there are show programmed to record it will kill the padding.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »
Yes, I can't see either why adding pre and post padding is such a difficult issue for them. I guess it becomes an issue when two adjacent programs on the same channel are required to be recorded and an even bigger issue when the 2 recordings are adjacent but on different channels. The TiVo PVR has all this logic and user preferences built in - I think ICETV have a bit to go to match TiVo's flexibility.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »
LOL, well, some might call it flexibility, but from what I have read, it looks more a pain in the neck.   If you want two back to back shows with the Tivo, sure, it gives you padding for both, but then you can't record anything on any other channel (nor watch it).   Even though it is only using one tuner in that example, TiVo like to "KISS" and not give you the flexibility of surfing, as they make the (erroneous for those in the know) assumption "two recordings is taking two tuners, so tough luck".  Probably to make it nice and simple for non-techos also, no "why can I surf but don't have timeshift sometimes" like the 5K/Beyonwiz has when recording two things on the same tuner (and using the other tuner to surf).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Fishing: Fishing & Adventure

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post August 01, 2020, 08:33:12 PM
by aeb001
xx
epg content missing for Adelaide Channel 44

Started by chopper on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post August 01, 2020, 11:37:48 AM