Author Topic: Too many yellow triangles  (Read 1808 times)

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
Too many yellow triangles
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
This is a strange one.

Yesterday, I got all my timers to be resent after deleting them all first on the Toppy 2400. This was around 10am.

This went well, and I received all the new timers shortly afterwards and they were all present and correct, thank you  :).

Now, this morning, I noticed that all my timers were still showing up as queued, even though my Toppy was on yesterday till well into the evening. During all this time, I checked up on the web to see if my dougnuts would morph into solids, but no. I was still getting an hourly EPG update, so my conncetion to ICETV was fine.

Just now, this afternoon, I see that all the queued timers (all of the next 5 days' worth) have turned into yellow triangles, suggesting that the PVR must have spat the dummy on them.

This is strange as the timers on the Toppy are still fine and at the correct times.

Any idea what is going on here?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:13:20 PM by JPP »
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Too many yellow triangles
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »
My doughnuts remained as doughnuts, luckily whatever causes that MSG "Invalid Task Action" behaviour clears itself after about 12hours (or some other event??) after doing the resend all, and it is back to normal (bar the stupid doughnuts), with new shows scheduled (either through the PVR GUI or further down the week from ICE) thankfully being scheduled and indicated properly.   I did have triangles for all the clashes when ICE didn't bother purging the timers that were one hour out when I tried the initial resend all though!
I think ICE haven't quite got the protocol working correctly to both the Topfield and Beyonwiz.   It is 99% for the Wiz, enough to work effectively even with the doughnuts, but it is frustrating for the end user as there is next to no feedback or information about why things are failing or not behaving as they should apart from silly meaningless symbols with no messages attached (triangles, doughnuts).   Buggered if I know why the doughnuts are there for me, all the shows are scheduled to record at the correct timeslots for them (now, after I manually fixed them all)..
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
My doughnuts remained as doughnuts, luckily whatever causes that MSG "Invalid Task Action" behaviour clears itself after about 12hours (or some other event??) after doing the resend all, and it is back to normal (bar the stupid doughnuts), with new shows scheduled (either through the PVR GUI or further down the week from ICE) thankfully being scheduled and indicated properly.   I did have triangles for all the clashes when ICE didn't bother purging the timers that were one hour out when I tried the initial resend all though!
I think ICE haven't quite got the protocol working correctly to both the Topfield and Beyonwiz.   It is 99% for the Wiz, enough to work effectively even with the doughnuts, but it is frustrating for the end user as there is next to no feedback or information about why things are failing or not behaving as they should apart from silly meaningless symbols with no messages attached (triangles, doughnuts).   Buggered if I know why the doughnuts are there for me, all the shows are scheduled to record at the correct timeslots for them (now, after I manually fixed them all)..
My experience with the DST transition for my Beyonwiz was about equally frustrating, but had rather different symptoms: no Invalid Task Action message, but unexplained hangs in fetching the timers from Ice and I only ever got two of my IceTV timers sent until I deleted all my current IceTV recordings.

From what I've seen of posts about failures connected with the DST transition for IceTV on the Beyonwiz is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of commonaltiy between what people are saying about the details.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »
I think ICE haven't quite got the protocol working correctly to both the Topfield and Beyonwiz.
!00% agreed.
   ... but it is frustrating for the end user as there is next to no feedback or information about why things are failing or not behaving as they should apart from silly meaningless symbols with no messages attached (triangles, doughnuts).   Buggered if I know why the doughnuts are there for me, all the shows are scheduled to record at the correct timeslots for them (now, after I manually fixed them all)..
Yep. I've grumbled a number of times in the forum about the only error feedback (when you're lucky enough to get some) being an inscrutible little yellow warning triangle, an occasional red doughnut when the timer has in fact been sent, or an indecipherable error message in the Beyonwiz IceTV status window and no explanation available for it anywhere. I don't think that Topfield owners even get that latter.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:31:52 PM »
 Buggered if I know why the doughnuts are there for me, all the shows are scheduled to record at the correct timeslots for them (now, after I manually fixed them all)..
They'll probably turn into triangles later today or tomorrow as mine did nearly 24 hours after they were doughnuts.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Queen Elizabeth's Secret Agents - too many commas!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post January 04, 2019, 11:00:23 PM
by prl
xx
Whatís on this week email. A Bridge Too Far, Friday

Started by grampus on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2018, 09:37:03 AM
by Tiphanee
xx
Picture too big - overscanning T2