Author Topic: The end for IceTV  (Read 2365 times)

Offline qubix

• View Profile
The end for IceTV
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »
This is the end for IceTV.

I am sick of the lack of response from the ICE TV team. If I set to record from my iPhone the end of Australian Idol and it does not record, despite 5 hours notice, then I expect the show to be recorded.

No matter what, I am left with only one option but to fly to Sydney and beat up any member of the ICE TV team that I can find.

That is all.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: The end for IceTV
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »
Hi qubix.

Please give us some more details on exactly what happened and your setup and we'll see if we can help.

For future reference: you can see if a show has scheduled successfully by looking at the icon next to it in the TV guide, My Upcoming Shows and a few other places. If it's a circle with a hole in it (ie. a donut) then your PVR/Mac/Media center hasn't scheduled it yet. If it's a full red circle, then it's been successfully scheduled.

There's some more info here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/about

It's worth noting that even if it does schedule, we can't guarantee it will record: it's up to the PVR to work out if there's a spare tuner and if TV reception is good enough. So there's quite a few posible reasons why the show may not have recorded.

Also, we've just moved office, so there's a chance support requests might have taken a little longer towards then end of last week. We apologise for that. Everything should be back to full speed now. More info on the move here: http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=297
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:57:07 PM by Marc-IceTV »

Offline qubix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:04 AM »
Pretty simple really.

Used my iPhone at around 2pm Sunday to record Idol and it didn't record it.

Turns out my other recording earlier in the week for 'Clockwork Orange' never made it either to my PC. This is not the first time that this has happened, I have contacted IceTV previously. It's just very frustrating Marc.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
Has it ever worked? Please let me know what PVR or media center you're running. Typically the Interactive service works reliably, but does require some setup.

By the way, threats of violence against IceTV team members or other IceTV customers will not be tolerated. If they continue, it will result in a refund for the time left on your account, then deletion of your account. Depending on the severity, we might choose to pass details on to the appropriate authorities.

We're a small, friendly company and we pride ourselves on being easily approachable. Most staff members view the forum and read customer emails. We only have one correspondence on file from you and we believe it was answered promptly and correctly. I think you'll find you get a better response from all companies by being polite when asking for assistance.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Incorrect Image for the Daily Edition

Started by denny09 on XMLTV (General)

0 Replies
Last post July 19, 2019, 04:21:19 PM
by denny09
xx
Is the Ellen show repeat?

Started by csutak40 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 09:00:18 PM