Author Topic: Suggestion - Better 'quality' setting management  (Read 1846 times)

Offline toppytools

• View Profile
Suggestion - Better 'quality' setting management
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
How about an option in each member's account to specify the default recording quality. It would save those who record SD when there's a choice from having to change the quality to 'Prefer Std Def' every time they set a series recording.

Or better yet, automatically set the quality to the type of channel that the series is being set on:
* If the series is being set on a HD channel auto set it to 'Prefer High Def'.
* If the series is being set on an SD channel auto set it to 'Prefer Standard Def'.

This way the quality setting is more foolproof and ex TiVo and Foxtel users won't keep complaining about IceTV doing the wrong thing, like recording the ABC News on the wrong channel. i.e. Complaints like "If I set a series recording on ABC1 I don't want it to record on ABC24" and "I don't want to need to learn which channel is HD and which is SD".

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - Better 'quality' setting management
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
... automatically set the quality to the type of channel that the series is being set on:
* If the series is being set on a HD channel auto set it to 'Prefer High Def'.
* If the series is being set on an SD channel auto set it to 'Prefer Standard Def'.

I'm pretty sure that that's been suggested before on the forum. Possibly even by me; I can't remember for sure.

I still think it's a good idea, even if it hasn't been taken up by IceTV so far.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
+1
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »
and another + 1. Should be a very simple mod to implement.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function seo_social_bookmarks()