Author Topic: Strong 5492 wont receive ICE TV schedules  (Read 2177 times)

Offline mirgy

• View Profile
Strong 5492 wont receive ICE TV schedules
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
Hi folks,

even though I have updated the 5492 firmware
and my STB shows it is 'authorised'  none of my
requested recordings are showing up on the timer.

I have resent the recording schedule several times
from the ICE home page,  but no use.

Have I missed something in the setup???

It is driving me CRAZY!

Thank you ???

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Strong 5492 wont receive ICE TV schedules
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:07:33 AM »
IceTV sends times when the device contacts it. It allows contact about every 30 minutes. Timers won't normally appear immediately.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Scaryscooby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:03 AM »
i have tried resend many times, i have left my pvr on for hours. the epg gets updated but not the timers. I have even tried different show in case i had a conflict with times in the timers. I have wasted 3 months so far just getting icetv enabled.

Offline Scaryscooby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
Ok i think i sorted it. I had series scheduled for 2 shows. i had the settings set for non repeats . I assumed that would be if say a show was on 7 but later on 72 ( like encores). I changed it to all and the schedules went through.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »
Ok i think i sorted it. I had series scheduled for 2 shows. i had the settings set for non repeats . I assumed that would be if say a show was on 7 but later on 72 ( like encores). I changed it to all and the schedules went through.
The setting that controls "encores" is pretty primitive. It's the "Limit" setting, but it only allows you to record the first 'N' showings on a day, or all showings. I don't think this is one of the better thought out parts of IceTV.

If the recording icon on the IceTV Web page is grey, then the program has been selected by name (or search), but other settings (like First runs only) are stopping it from being recorded.

If you "hover" the mouse over a greyed-out icon you'll get the tip: "Scheduled recording not scheduled to be recorded".

Share via facebook Share via twitter