Author Topic: Setting recordings for once a week  (Read 4283 times)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
Setting recordings for once a week
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »
OK, now that I am in the process of weaning myself off my beloved TED/S, I have a question.

I would like to  record Studio 10, but only the Saturday show (as that is a compilation of the whole previous week, which is more than enough for me)  This was very easy to set up in TED - is there any way of doing it with IceTV?

OK, I know, I could record every day and just delete them all....   ::)
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline TimC

• View Profile
Re: Setting recordings for once a week
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »
Are you trying to do this on a Skippa?  If so I don't think you can directly from a Skippa. 

You may be able to do it with the search function on the IceTV website. 

Its been a while, but from memory, you can set the search function in My Series to look for specific parameters about the program you want to record. If the search finds the parameter it should set a timer for it.

At least I think it does.  Have a fiddle and let us know what happens.

The only other alternative is to set a weekly timeslot timer on a non Skippa PVR. The IceTV compatible Toppys can.
Toppy, 2400, Toppy 2460, Skippa

Offline raymondjpg

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 07:03:32 PM »
OK, now that I am in the process of weaning myself off my beloved TED/S, I have a question.

I would like to  record Studio 10, but only the Saturday show (as that is a compilation of the whole previous week, which is more than enough for me)  This was very easy to set up in TED - is there any way of doing it with IceTV?

I think you have a Beyonwiz T4. If so, maybe you could set up an autotimer to fire on particular dates. How many dates, and how far into the future I don't know. I haven't tried it. I guess you would also have to disable the IceTV timer to avoid duplication.
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt, Beyonwiz DP-P2, Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200, Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »

Did you mean Sunday's show because I can't see it on Saturday.

From what I can see Studio 10 is on the same channel at the same time 6 days a week all as new episodes and all with the same synopsis. Given that there appears to no difference in the guide or channel quality or time for the various day's showing of Studio 10 I cannot see any way using IceTV to set Studio 10 to record just one particular day's show each week.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 09:29:48 PM »

There is no easy way with icetv as it is listed as the same show every day. The FTA guide differentiates by calling it Studio 10: Saturday.

If you have a beyonwiz you could use a normal repeating timer for Saturday at specific times. This will fail if 10 decides to move it to another time or channel if there is a special event. You could also use a beyonwiz auto timer to record the show and specify a particular day of the week. Just don't have an autotimer and icetv trying to record  the same show as mentioned.

Offline peteru

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:27:50 PM »
Just don't have an autotimer and icetv trying to record  the same show as mentioned.
Actually, that configuration is perfectly OK. IceTV timers and AutoTimers will not interfere with each other. You can have both and as you have seen, autotimers can do things that IceTV can not.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:49:50 PM »

From what I can see Studio 10 is on the same channel at the same time 6 days a week all as new episodes and all with the same synopsis. Given that there appears to no difference in the guide or channel quality or time for the various day's showing of Studio 10 I cannot see any way using IceTV to set Studio 10 to record just one particular day's show each week.

I didn't even notice it being on on Sundays too.  ;)  It is definitely on on Saturdays too, been taping that one for ages, taped it this morning too, with the Toppy

Got another question.  In Ted one could set up "regular expression" searches.  Can one do something similar in IceTV?

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
Are you trying to do this on a Skippa?  If so I don't think you can directly from a Skippa. 

You may be able to do it with the search function on the IceTV website. 

Its been a while, but from memory, you can set the search function in My Series to look for specific parameters about the program you want to record. If the search finds the parameter it should set a timer for it.

At least I think it does.  Have a fiddle and let us know what happens.

The only other alternative is to set a weekly timeslot timer on a non Skippa PVR. The IceTV compatible Toppys can.
No, I  don't have a Skippa, have a Beyonwiz T4 (for which, I'm starting to think, one needs a university degree  :-[

As far as I can see, there aren't that many choices in IceTV.  There is a choice on how many times a day I want to record something, but not how many times a week and/or which day,  (or what time of the day) which my very ancient TED can do

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »

If you have a beyonwiz you could use a normal repeating timer for Saturday at specific times. This will fail if 10 decides to move it to another time or channel if there is a special event. You could also use a beyonwiz auto timer to record the show and specify a particular day of the week. Just don't have an autotimer and icetv trying to record  the same show as mentioned.

Hmm.  Haven't found that setting yet (still learning - only had it for a few days)   Must have a better look

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 10:59:52 PM »

Actually, that configuration is perfectly OK. IceTV timers and AutoTimers will not interfere with each other. You can have both and as you have seen, autotimers can do things that IceTV can not.

OK, more RTFM!!!  (much more!) ::)

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »
Just don't have an autotimer and icetv trying to record  the same show as mentioned.
I wasnt suggesting they would interfere, I just meant you would record it twice as they are independent. 

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »

I didn't even notice it being on on Sundays too.  ;)  It is definitely on on Saturdays too, been taping that one for ages, taped it this morning too, with the Toppy

Got another question.  In Ted one could set up "regular expression" searches.  Can one do something similar in IceTV?
You can do regular expressions in some of the beyonwiz auto timer filters.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »

OK, more RTFM!!!  (much more!) ::)
Don't read the manual, the beyonwiz forum has the best info. The help screens that show what the buttons do are also quite good.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

IceTV's keyword recordings (now called preferences) supports basic regular expressions. You create a new preference from the 'Add New Preference' button at the top-right of the TV Guide page.

You can setup a preference for any word and save it, then click on it (in My Shows) and edit the search string to be the regular expression that you want.

There some specific search words that you use in preferences as well, like title: episode: genre: actor: If you play around with 'Add New Preference' page you can get an idea of how these are used to include or exclude various things.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:48 AM »

There some specific search words that you use in preferences as well, like title: episode: genre: actor: If you play around with 'Add New Preference' page you can get an idea of how these are used to include or exclude various things.

I've been playing around too much!  :-[ Is there any way of deleting/changing  them?  I stuffed some up and can't figure out how to fix it

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Account guide settings

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

24 Replies
Last post June 19, 2019, 05:35:32 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Plex Setup Instructions - Enhanced Guide setting & frequent program refreshes

Started by Peter_H on Plex

4 Replies
Last post April 19, 2019, 06:13:23 PM