Author Topic: Series Recording - first run only - first run items not flagged in red  (Read 7006 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Series Recording - first run only - first run items not flagged in red
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
There seems a bit of randomness going on with this. Mentalist - Red Dawn is showing a red Series Queued icon for me. The timer is set on the Beyonwiz, so it should be showing a red Series Scheduled icon, but that's another, now quite ancient, gripe I gave about IceTV, that Scheduled episodes with the timer correctly set on the Beyonwiz, stay stuck on displaying Queued in IceTV.

Perhaps IceTV could fix that in this coming update, too?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:15:43 AM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Nixay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »
My NCIS recording for tomorrow night is now showing up correctly in red and has downloaded to my Beyonwiz.

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »
my NCIS has now altered to red doughnuts.
Expectation is that all will be well when the PVR wakes up for its scheduled update.
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
Good news. The cause of this issue has been fixed now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 06:56:43 AM »
Good news. The cause of this issue has been fixed now.
Dave, thanks for the news.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Yes, thanks Dave.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
... Mentalist - Red Dawn is showing a red Series Queued icon for me. The timer is set on the Beyonwiz, so it should be showing a red Series Scheduled icon, but that's another, now quite ancient, gripe I gave about IceTV, that Scheduled episodes with the timer correctly set on the Beyonwiz, stay stuck on displaying Queued in IceTV.

Perhaps IceTV could fix that in this coming update, too?
The recent update to IceTV Interactive doesn't seem to have helped with this. Tonight's (Nov 14) episodes of The Hamster Wheel and Red Dwarf are showing as "Queued Series" when the timer has in fact been set on the Beyonwiz.

lukem

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
Hi prl,

That would translate into that we've sent your box the timer, but for some reason the box has not provided an update as to whether it's scheduled it or not. We don't mark the timer as being scheduled if it's just delivered to the box.. we expect a return call from the box to say that it has or hasn't scheduled it.

Looking into this now, thanks for the report.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
Hi, Luke. That's how I expected that the protocol would work.

Thanks for looking into this; I've been posting about it on and off for a very long time.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
Hi, Luke. I've had another instance of the problem - Homes Under the Hammer 7TWO 22:45 tomorrow 16 Nov. Showing Queued Series, but timer set on Beyonwiz.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Hi, Luke. I've had another instance of the problem - Homes Under the Hammer 7TWO 22:45 tomorrow 16 Nov. Showing Queued Series, but timer set on Beyonwiz.

Hmm, I have had a look under your account and it looks like the the start time and duration of this episode was changed on the 15th, but your Beyonwiz last contacted the server for updates on the 13th, so while it is listed as scheduled on the Beyonwiz it is more than likely for the old start time of 22:50 (and then a duration of only 70 minutes). Now that looks like the case for this particular instance, but please let me know of any others that show up (hopefully in the future) so I can check them out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
Hi prl,

That would translate into that we've sent your box the timer, but for some reason the box has not provided an update as to whether it's scheduled it or not. We don't mark the timer as being scheduled if it's just delivered to the box.. we expect a return call from the box to say that it has or hasn't scheduled it.

Looking into this now, thanks for the report.
I have had this a number of times as well.
But I did notice that the problem was more prevelant when I had overrun my ISP subscription limit, and had been dialled down to 64K.
I'm suggesting that the response packet may not have arrived, and there is no mechanism to retry from the server. 
Is that possible?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »
Hmm, I have had a look under your account and it looks like the the start time and duration of this episode was changed on the 15th, but your Beyonwiz last contacted the server for updates on the 13th, so while it is listed as scheduled on the Beyonwiz it is more than likely for the old start time of 22:50 (and then a duration of only 70 minutes). Now that looks like the case for this particular instance, but please let me know of any others that show up (hopefully in the future) so I can check them out.
Thanks, Daniel. Yes, we're out of our house while renovations are being done, so I only have intermittent connections to IceTV via mobile broadband (iiNet).

However, I've had this same problem on my normal ADSL always-on connection.

We'll be back home later in the week, and I'll report any more of these oddities once our network situation has normalised.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »

Hi, Daniel. I'm back home and our Beyonwizes are now connected to their usual ADSL setup.

I've seen a couple of cases now where there's a "Queued" icon on IceTV, but there is already a timer for the show on the Beyonwiz. In both cases, when I looked carefully at what was going on, there was a time change in the schedule, and the timer on the Beyonwiz, while it existed, was for a different time from the (new) time on IceTV. As soon as the Beyonwiz had updated through IceTV the Beyonwiz timer was updated and the IceTV icon changed from Queued to Scheduled after a refresh in My Shows.

That all agrees with your description of what might be happening. Thanks for the assistance - this is an oddity that has been bugging me (unnecessarily, it seems) for some time. We only power up our Beyonwizes when they are being used for something, so any schedule changes that happen while they're off will show up as a Queued recording until they next update.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

exclamation
Cycling: Six Day Series (Prime Northern)

Started by andrewb2005 on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 01:48:55 AM
by andrewb2005
xx
Crashing - New series episodes marked as repeats

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post November 26, 2018, 03:16:47 PM
by aeb001
xx
No Next Day or Series recording option