Author Topic: SC Ten Toowoomba  (Read 2551 times)

Offline PeteSF

• View Profile
SC Ten Toowoomba
« on: May 24, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »
I have been scratching my head over why I get such awful quality recording channel ten through IceTV.
Now I see that I can receive two S.Cross TEN Toowoomba channels, one of which I receive well (channel 61), and one which I don't (channel 40). I'm guessing that the SC Ten Qld tick box in IceTv's QLD Regional list corresponds to channel 40.

Can I manually assign channels/frequencies in IceTV, or am I stuck?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SC Ten Toowoomba
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »
What PVR are you running?  A Topfield 7100 has channel mapping for ICE which you can tweak yourself, a Beyonwiz doesn't, so the solution for the Beyonwiz is simply to delete the poorer of the two matching channels and then the ICE data will upload to the good channel (it loads up to matching LCNs for the Beyonwiz we think, and thus if you have two of the same LCN then it loads only up on one of them until you delete the other one).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline PeteSF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »
 Thanks for the tip!
I do have a Topfield 7100. I haven't seen how I can modify the channel mappings yet, but I'll look it up and see if I can find out.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
I think the 7100 just like the Beyonwiz and the Topfield 5K lets you delete channels, simply press the OK button during normal TV viewing and a popup will come up and follow the prompts (red button I think is one option) and will let you delete from there.   Then hopefully things sort themselves out anyway, you will probably need to restart after you delete channels to get it all sorted out.

Offline A_G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
No need to restart. Just press the OK button to bring up the channel list. You can then press the red button to bring up the options (rename, lock, delete or add to favourites), yellow to show the IceTV channel map or blue to change the mapping. This mapping allows you to change the default to your own region/preferences (for example, I remapped mine to regional QLD rather than Brisbane to get the correct guide data).

To set the right channel you need to go into the EPG setup menu and change the LCN settings.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »
Cool, thanks for the tip, I wondered how they achieved the mapping stuff, given I don't have a 7K series Toppie.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
The Whispers - weirdest program scheduling ever?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post May 21, 2019, 02:29:23 PM
by prl
xx
Full IceTV Subscription vs Plex Subscription

Started by Peter_H on Plex

8 Replies
Last post July 16, 2019, 02:45:11 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Bondi Rescue