Author Topic: RSS feeds for My Upcoming Shows and searches discussion  (Read 9946 times)

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: RSS feeds for My Upcoming Shows and searches discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
This is very good news but what would make it great would be if we could either have two feeds - one for favourites and one for recordings - or a clearer indicator (e.g. [REC] in the title of each item) to indicate the recording state.

We decided this was a good suggestion that we'd like to try, so we've now added it to the RSS feeds.  You'll now see "[REC]" in front of the program names when they're scheduled for recording.  Hopefully it'll make it easier to scan the list of shows to make sure the ones you care about most are already setup for recording.

We also changed the unique identifiers used for the RSS articles, to fix a potential problem that could cause the same program to be listed twice.  Unfortunately this means that your feeds will all be set back to "all articles unread" -- sorry about that, hopefully it'll be the only time we have to do it.

Thanks for the great suggestion!  Keep the feedback coming.

Russell

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »
I haven’t had the chance to do thorough testing of this yet but wanted to raise the issue to get feedback from any others.

Ww have a beyonwiz and had noticed recently that the timers didn’t seem to be updating – the list was getting shorter and shorter.

Last night I tried many times to “push” the timers to the device from the site and also to “pull” them from the device.  I could get a ping from Ice on the device and it said that it was getting epg data but didn’t seem to be able to get the scheduled items because they were being requested too often (sorry, at work, can’t remember exact phrase).

It then occured to me that the problem *seemed* to be from about the time I added the RSS feed to my Google reader, so I removed the RSS feed left the device on overnight and this morning – lo and behold – all the timers are there!

So my question is, can the RSS reader feeds interfere with or use up all our permitted polls of the Ice data in a day so that. by the time we get home and put the device on, it will no longer be able to get the scheduled items.

I’ve reinstated the RSS feed now and will do more testing but would be curious if others have had a similar experience using the RSS feeds.

p.s. love the [REC] in the feed
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:07:38 PM by mtb »
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »
So my question is, can the RSS reader feeds interfere with or use up all our permitted polls of the Ice data in a day so that. by the time we get home and put the device on, it will no longer be able to get the scheduled items.

The RSS feeds shouldn't interfere with the polling of your other devices, since they use the same system as the guide on the web site, which doesn't have a max limit on the number of times you can view it in a particular time period.

I would have to say it was a coincidence, although I understand your frustration.  Feel free to contact the support gurus if it continues, and I'm sure they can suggest something to help with the polling error.

Russell

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
they use the same system as the guide on the web site, which doesn't have a max limit on the number of times you can view it in a particular time period.

I would have to say it was a coincidence, although I understand your frustration. 
Thanks for the reply Russell.  I'm starting to come to the same coincidence conclusion myself and I didn't lose anything.  As a software developer myself I simply wanted to exclude the max limit issue before testing further - I prefer to have done some testing myself to narrow down the problem before raising it as a support issue so no worries there.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
What happened to the RSS feeds

Started by jazzymc on General Discussions

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2014, 04:35:10 PM
by jazzymc
xx
Is "My Upcoming Shows RSS" feed broken

Started by dwids on Smart Recording website and General questions

0 Replies
Last post October 17, 2010, 08:57:18 PM