Author Topic: Return to Top Button  (Read 3679 times)

Offline HarperHouse

• View Profile
Return to Top Button
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »
Hi everyone.

Kind of a difficult search considering the words "return to top button" may include nearly every post!

Anyway, has there ever been consideration for a button to take us back to the top of our guide after we have scrolled down?

Like this... (excuse my lack of Snipping Tool polish!)

http://tinypic.com/m/5v6qzk/4

Cheers!

HarperHouse

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Return to Top Button
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:42:54 AM »
Yeah, good suggestion.  I can see how you'd need to go back to the top fairly often, since that's where the controls are.  I'll add it to the list of stuff we're working on now for the web site, and see if we can get it in there some time soon.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »
I'm not sure about other browser/OS combinations, but in Firefox 3 on Windows, you can go to the top of the current page by pressing the Home button on the keyboard :) It's in the Page Up/Page Down etc cluster. A screen button might be a nice addition, but in the meantime...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »
Brilliant Peter - thanks.
I've been laboriously scrolling back up to the top.    :-[
But now....   ;D

Mac
Mac
Humax HDR 7500T, Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to LG LCD LED 50 &  Linden 65

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 09:59:57 AM »
I use home&end keys all the time, to get to the top/bottom of long forum pages where the silly forum for some reason doesn't seem to remember the "last read/next new post" message and takes me to way above where I had actually previously read to.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »
I use home&end keys all the time, to get to the top/bottom of long forum pages where the silly forum for some reason doesn't seem to remember the "last read/next new post" message and takes me to way above where I had actually previously read to.
You aren't talking about the Beyonwiz forum now, are you?  ;)

I mostly click on the "last post" icon on threads I've read recently, rather than the supposed "last unread post" icon. I don't know why the forum software gets that wrong - it tells correctly when there are new unread items in a topic.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:12:36 AM »
...has there ever been consideration for a button to take us back to the top of our guide after we have scrolled down?

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. This is now done, and you'll find a new "Top" button at the bottom of the TV Guide page.

Russell

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
...has there ever been consideration for a button to take us back to the top of our guide after we have scrolled down?

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. This is now done, and you'll find a new "Top" button at the bottom of the TV Guide page.

Russell
How about a "Bottom" button at the top of the page?  Equally as useful, especially considering the "Prev" and "Next" buttons are only at the bottom.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »

Russell
How about a "Bottom" button at the top of the page?  Equally as useful, especially considering the "Prev" and "Next" buttons are only at the bottom.

I don't think that there's really all that much need for either a Top or Bottom button on the page. the Home and End buttons on the keyboard will take you to the top and bottom of the page in most common browsers, and they'll work on all pages, not just the ones where IceTV puts screen buttons. I have quite a long My Upcoming Shows page, and there are no IceTV-provided Top or Bottom buttons, but Home and End work just fine.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
The Returned returned

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post July 02, 2016, 07:05:30 PM
by prl
xx
The Returned Monday 15 Feb

Started by tvmandan on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post February 13, 2016, 06:31:41 PM