Author Topic: remote recording on beyonwiz  (Read 2462 times)

Offline elviswallman

• View Profile
remote recording on beyonwiz
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »
hi folks, first time for me on this forum. i recently subscribed to icetv and believe i have set it all up correctly. i am getting epg updates but when i try and do a remote record (from an imac) even though the tv guide indicates that it will be recorded  it doesn't send the message to my beyonwiz. any ideas. thanks .elvis

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: remote recording on beyonwiz
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
Was the icon on the recording a "queued" icon ( or ) or a "scheduled" icon ( or )?

It can take up to 30 minutes for recordings to be sent to the Beyonwiz? Has it fixed itself now?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline elviswallman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »
aagh, patience. you were dead right. it is working beautifully now. thankyou. one more point - does the unit have to be turned on for the "booking" to go through. i know that with my foxtel iq, you don't have to have it on when remote recording. thanks again. elvis.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »
aagh, patience. you were dead right. it is working beautifully now. thankyou. one more point - does the unit have to be turned on for the "booking" to go through. i know that with my foxtel iq, you don't have to have it on when remote recording. thanks again. elvis.
When the Beyonwiz is in standby, it's almost completely off; no power to the main board or the HDD, only the front panel is powered. So there's no way for IceTV (EPG or recordings) to be updated when it is in standby. When you start the Beyonwiz out of standby it loads its EPG from a HDD cache and its timers from its config flash, then attempts to synchronise with IceTV. If it's been more than 30 minutes since it last contacted Beyonwiz, the update will normally succeed, otherwise it will try to update update when 30 minutes from the last update attempt has passed.

The IQ can update in standby because the IQ is almost completely on in standby, rather than being almost completely off.

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
A simple way to regularly refresh the data while you are out/at work and the device is off is to set a daily repeating non-recording timer to turn it on for about five minutes, perhaps at midday or mid afternoon, so you can programme remotely, confident it will refresh its EPG and timer data then go back to power saving mode until required to wake and record.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Skippa remote control needed RCU

Started by Ricci on SKIPPA

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2019, 08:59:35 PM
by bodogbodog
xx
WANTED Skippa remote