Author Topic: Record on multiple devices  (Read 2691 times)

Offline peterjcat

• View Profile
Record on multiple devices
« on: September 23, 2008, 01:00:03 PM »
I'm a complete IceTV addict and have I think 6 tuners on 4 devices all hooked up to my IceTV account. It works great, but I miss the ability to remotely schedule the same program on more than one device -- whether as a failsafe for important recordings, or for different purposes (Beyonwiz for watching in the loungeroom, EyeTV for automatically converting to iPod format) or whatever. Is there a way to do this that I have missed? Or could this be introduced -- so that as well as the drop-down for selecting one device, you could have checkboxes for selecting two or more?

What do people think?

Cheers
PJC

Offline mtati

• View Profile
Re: Record on multiple devices
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:40:10 AM »
I'm really not sure and would love to know the answer also.

- the whole failsafe for important recordings thing is my driver here...I've even resorted to setting up the "failsafe" 2nd recording of an important show on my laptop then unplugging the network cable from it, just to be sure.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to simply schedule the show on both machines and manage via IceTV.

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
Re: Record on multiple devices
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »
We at IceTV are well aware of the fact that our web UI does not handle multiple devices well, it has been the subject of many hours of discussion.

Our intention has always been to support this functionality and in fact the backend is quite capable of handling it, we are working on a revised UI but it is difficult to encapsulate such a complex task in a simple to use UI.

Our current UI is more capable than any other remote recording system available in Australia, Foxtel and TiVo sidestep the whole can of worms by not providing information on existing recordings and provide a "Send and Pray" model where you can send anything to your recorder with no feedback to indicate whether it was successful or not.

Please be patient we are working hard on this issue but have no firm completion date at this time..

Cheers
Dan

Software Manager @ IceTV
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Smart Recording on Plex Server?

Started by Peter_H on Smart Recording website and General questions

0 Replies
Last post April 15, 2019, 12:05:52 PM
by Peter_H
xx
Humax 2tune (HDR-3000T)-recording two programmes back-to-back

Started by Rich88 on Humax

0 Replies
Last post March 26, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
by Rich88
xx
ABC news failing to record

Started by barry.hendy on General Discussions

8 Replies
Last post February 11, 2019, 08:50:02 PM
by barry.hendy
xx
What, exactly does the "This time" recording option do?

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:52:35 PM
by prl