Author Topic: Problems with Ice Interactive  (Read 2972 times)

Offline bruiser333

• View Profile
Problems with Ice Interactive
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:56:27 AM »
I'm wondering if someone from Ice or anyone else has an update regarding the issues that Interactive is having in some situations with failing to create timers for series?

I have had multiple instances where I have series recordings showing in My Shows, but timers are not being scheduled or showing in My Upcoming Shows (I have logged a call). In one example, I have tried deleting the series and recreating, but the timers just won't schedule in Ice. If I change the Series options to First Runs and Repeats it picks up all the repeats but not the first runs. If I open the details for the show that should be scheduled in TV Guide, it says "This show is part of a series recording" but there is no red icon to show it has be scheduled, queued, etc.

As far as I can tell this issue happens on the Ice server, not on the PVR (in my case a BWiz DP-P1).

I have had other strange behaviour from Interactive, such as a timer that keeps getting created in the past! I delete it, but it keeps coming back even though the scheduled time has long gone.

I'm a big fan of what Interactive can offer, but it needs to be more reliable than I am at setting timers!

Offline richardp

• View Profile
Re: Problems with Ice Interactive
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
I have had other strange behaviour from Interactive, such as a timer that keeps getting created in the past! I delete it, but it keeps coming back even though the scheduled time has long gone.
I've had that happen too. I created quite a few series recordings but after I had problems with the first couple not recording properly, I cancelled the series recordings and set up timers on my PVR instead. I thought I'd give it a bit of time before I use series recordings again (just so any problems are ironed out). Anyway, for the next week, it kept recreating the timers in the past. Deleting them (on the PVR) just meant they'd come back next time it synchronised. And they weren't showing up on Ice.

The only way I could solve it was to create a new device on Ice (ID 1 instead of 0), delete the old device from Ice, and tell the PVR to use the new device instead. I assume it's a Beyonwiz problem that it keeps trying to revert to device 0 each time I turn it on. So the next day, I deleted device 1, created a new device 0 and then all was working fine.

No idea what went wrong but I've finally sorted it out for now. I'll return to using series recordings after most of the reported problems seem to be fixed.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
by prl
xx
Manual Channel Tuning Problems

Started by Wills13 on General Discussions

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2019, 10:37:23 PM