Author Topic: No recordings for Prime  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Dazza

• View Profile
No recordings for Prime
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:36:09 AM »
Is anyone not getting recordings sent for a specific channel via interactive?

My TF7100 is not receiving recordings set for Prime HD. The other channels seem to be ok.

Its a bit frustrating, I cant even use the EPG to set the recordings for Prime since it causes the the TF7100 to freeze.

Dazza
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:27:28 AM by Dazza »

Vortical

Re: No recordings for Prime
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
Dazza

I'm also having major dramas getting timers for some channels on mine but not HD.
Your not in Canberra by any chance as I've seen reports that Canberra users can't get Seven HD, Nine HD & Ten HD timers.

I can get everything else but the 7100 refuses to get timers for Seven SD, Nine SD & Ten SD
I beleive there is also some weird channel mapping going on with IceTV giving multiple LCN's for these services at least in WA it is.

Perhaps IceTV should have a look at the channel mapping settings for each state for the TF7100HDPVRt device just in case it is an issue at their end.

Why this happens is anyones guess but I find it weird that people in different states are getting different results in what timers they can and can't receive for certain tv channels with this PVR.

I certainly hope Topfield and IceTV engineers are communicating together on this.

Vortical

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:55:21 PM »
I've had a look the the XML data and the Ice EPG txt file for WA and it begs the question
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=help

Why do we have duplicate LCN's with the same ice Channel id for Seven, Nine & Ten SD
Why is LCN 6 mapped to two different Ice Channel id's?

ie LCN 6 & LCN 7 mapped to the same ice channel id for Seven SD
LCN 8 & LCN 9 mapped to the same ice channel id Nine SD
LCN5 & LCN10 mapped to the same ice channel id Ten SD

In Perth I don't beleive we even have LCN 5, LCN 50, LCN 6, LCN 60, LCN 8, or LCN80 so why do they exist in our channel mapping
To me it looks like this is causing problems for Ice Interactive, maybe these LCN's are for regional WA if so why isn't there a Perth Regional and Perth Metro option in our account settings?

This might also explain why different states yield different problems if the mapping is incorrect for their channels

DIR="\ICE" TYPE="map"
[Channel 1]
channel_id=23
region=Perth
name=Seven

[Channel 2]
channel_id=24
region=Perth
name=Nine

[Channel 3]
channel_id=25
region=Perth
name=Ten

[Channel 4]
channel_id=26
region=Perth
name=ABC1

[Channel 5]
channel_id=27
region=Perth
name=SBS

[Channel 6]
channel_id=33
region=Perth
name=SBS World News Digital

[Channel 7]
channel_id=37
region=Perth
name=ABC2

[Channel 8]
channel_id=95
region=Perth
name=ABC HDTV

[Channel 9]
channel_id=96
region=Perth
name=Nine HD

[Channel 10]
channel_id=97
region=Perth
name=SBS HD

[Channel 11]
channel_id=98
region=Perth
name=Seven HD

[Channel 12]
channel_id=99
region=Perth
name=Ten HD

[Channel 13]
channel_id=182
region=Perth
name=GWN

[Map 1]
channel_id=23
lcn=6

[Map 2]
channel_id=23
lcn=7

[Map 3]
channel_id=24
lcn=8

[Map 4]
channel_id=24
lcn=9

[Map 5]
channel_id=25
lcn=5

[Map 6]
channel_id=25
lcn=10

[Map 7]
channel_id=26
lcn=2

[Map 8]
channel_id=26
lcn=21

[Map 9]
channel_id=27
lcn=3

[Map 10]
channel_id=33
lcn=33

[Map 11]
channel_id=37
lcn=22

[Map 12]
channel_id=95
lcn=20

[Map 13]
channel_id=96
lcn=80

[Map 14]
channel_id=96
lcn=90

[Map 15]
channel_id=97
lcn=30

[Map 16]
channel_id=98
lcn=60

[Map 17]
channel_id=98
lcn=70

[Map 18]
channel_id=99
lcn=1

[Map 19]
channel_id=99
lcn=12

[Map 20]
channel_id=99
lcn=50

[Map 21]
channel_id=182
lcn=6

[General]
Number of Mappings=21
Number of Channels=13

The items highlighted in Red are the problematic ones

The items highlighted in green don't seem correct but they work.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:01:57 PM by Vortical »

Offline Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »
I am located in Canberra and yes the timers seem not to set properly on the HD channels

I received a response from ICETV support.  They have indicated that the firmware for the toppy still has not fully implimented interactive.

I guess we will have to wait until Topfield to publish the official firmware update. 

Vortical

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:18 AM »
Dazza

The problem is I'm not so sure Topfield is to blame for this considering why NSW is able to receive timers for all Services, VIC & WA have problems with 7, 9 & 10 SD and Canberra has problems with 7, 9 & 10 HD and we're all using the same device the only difference is our IceTV locality settings and the LCN's. Other states might also have problems but they are not documented yet.

To me it looks like a IceTV Channel mapping Problem in various states giving different results.

Topfield Engineers and IceTV Engineers should be conversing with each other to get this fixed and I sincerely hope that is occurring right now but I think IceTV should double check their mapping to confirm.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:55:41 AM by Vortical »

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »
Unfortunately Topfield have not yet finished full integration of IceTV for the TF7100. They have been made aware of some Channel Mapping issues (namely Ch10HD and ABC1).

We had hoped this would have been done prior to launching their new product and we are obviously eagerly anticipating the release of a stable firmware which supports all of IceTV's Interactive features. We have been testing the latest firmware, but unfortunately there are still some minor issues needed to be resolved by their software engineers before you can utilise all of IceTV's features to their full capabilities.

We expect this development to be completed in the coming days and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will notify all TF7100 users via email. Please register your interest via our "Contact Us" page (Title the query "TF7100" and direct it to "Sales"). (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact)

As many customers received a Free 3 month Gift Subscription with the device as part of their purchase, we want to ensure that you get the best experience from IceTV and from your Free subscription.

There was an issue with LCN's for Ch10HD and ABC1 in Sydney and Topfield have added a channel mapping feature for these channels. If you have further questions regarding the progress with their firmware update or would like to alert them to possible Channel Mapping issues we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development work or the time needed to complete it.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Vortical

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
Matt,

I've got an LCN mapping feature on mine for Seven SD, Nine SD, Ten SD, Nine HD and ABC1
Even if I select the correct LCN's using the LCN Settings it won't work.

ABC1 & Nine HD automatically detect the correct LCN but Seven, Nine & Ten pick the wrong LCN by default from IceTV.
Isn't this ICeTV sending the wrong information then?

The Channel Mapping seems fine in the List of channels though it's just the LCN's are buggered for the services I've outlined
and as far as I'm aware the problems are
WA & VIC Seven, Nine & Ten SD
Canberra Seven, Nine & Ten HD

Will you at least get an IceTV Engineer to double check the IceTV Channel Mapping configuration for each state to see if there is any mistakes in the way Channels are mapped for Capital Cities & Regional Areas.

One standout for Perth was LCN 6 is mapped to two different IceTV Channel id's surely this can't be correct.

Offline Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
Obviously if the firmware is updated and the problems persist, I would expect Icetv and Topfield to investigate further.

I would be interested to know if any beyonwiz owners are experiencing the same problems

Dazza

Vortical

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »
I've got a Beyonwiz and it doesn't but I beleive the Beyonwiz retrieives Ice Timers and the Guide in a different way to the Topfield.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 09:05:07 PM »
Well depends.   Someone came onto the Wiz forums and asked something like "when is the ICE channel mapping bug going to be fixed" and we were all like "huh, what bug?".   They were told supposedly by ICE when they were not getting EPG or timers on some channels that there was a channel mapping bug, but based on the evidence above, something looks a bit suspect, that is for sure.
I don't mind so much that ICE are choosing to put the same data in LCN60 and LCN70 (as some regions watch SevenHD on 60 and some on 70), assuming of course the programming is the same, it is more the other evidence above of there being, say 2 channel maps for LCN6, one using ICE channel_id 182, and one using ICE channel_id 23... huh...   Maybe I have misinterpreted something Vortical has posted though...
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Vortical

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »
Tony,

What i posted is an exact copy of the icetv IceGuide downloaded from Ice in .txt format.

I too can't understand how one channel can be mapped to two different IceTV channel Id's.
That's why i posted in the hope they will check it for each state just in case this is causing issues.

Offline deangelj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:39:32 AM »
Just to re-emphasise what Vortical is saying, I'm having no problems with channel mapping in Sydney on the 7100. The problem seems to be in Melbourne and WA at this stage.

Vortical

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »
Also Canberra too John

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:21 PM »
Hi Guys,

Believe me... we are becoming increasingly frustrated by the lengthy delays from Topfield in releasing a new firmware for the TF7100 that reliably supports all of IceTV's features and are as eager to see this resloved as you are.

Although the basic guide (EPG) seems to be loading OK (in Sydney at least), IceTV Interactive (remote recording and so on) is far from being reliable, based on tests being carried out on the current firmware. We are waiting on further firmware updates from Topfield.

We have absolutely no control over the development process and are receiving the latest firmware version at the same time as the rest of the beta testers. We did provide Channel Mapping for the Topfield TF5000 range as part of our software but we no longer do so. The Channel Mapping is now being done within the Topfield software and therefore it is only Topfield who can solve any of the issues you are experiencing. IceTV Interactive has been working for years with EyeTV devices (for Mac), both XP and Vista media centre devices and with other PVR brands.

The current issue that we have alerted Topfield to (based on our testing in Sydney) is the fact that all recording requests made via IceTV Interactive, seem to be being successfully sent to the TF7100. But once recorded, the "Show Title" is incorrect and is somehow taken from the original recording made. So you end up with a bunch of recordings all with the same name (maybe with a _01, _02 at the end of the show title), despite the fact the synopsis for each recorded TV show is correct. This is a major issue and we are awaiting a new firmware. We have also suggested that the Show Title should be displayed in the "Timer Settings" menu instead of the Channel Name as it would make it far easier to see what you have scheduled to record.

We are hoping that it will not take Topfield too much longer to fix all the bugs we are seeing. We have not announced official support of the TF7100 and will not do so until we are 100% sure that users will get the most out of IceTV and the same experience users are getting with other IceTV Interactive compatible devices.

If you have further questions regarding the progress with the new firmware update or would like to alert them to possible issues (specific to your region) we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 or email them (info@itopfield.com.au).

We are aware of the LCN6 issue in WA and this was an issue at our end caused when we added GWN to the Perth EPG for regional WA customers. (The "Perth" EPG is the only EPG option for these regional customers, so we added GWN to this region instead of creating another EPG, whilst we continue to try to secure official support from other regional TV networks).

Once again, we are compiling an email list of those TF7100customers wanting to be notified when a new firmware is released from Topfield that ticks all the boxes. 

Please register your interest via our "Contact Us" page (Title the query "TF7100" and direct it to "Sales"). (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact)

Regards,

IceTV

Offline Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
Also Canberra too John

Yes, at the moment, interactive is not sending any timers for HD channels on my 7100 in canberra

Dazza

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
RBT is a single 1-hour episodes, not two half-hour episodes

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2019, 09:47:16 PM
by aeb001
xx
Graham Norton Show Friday 28th June

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies