Author Topic: New Recordings Added in My Interactive - Not Added By Me....  (Read 4376 times)

Offline crispin

• View Profile
New Recordings Added in My Interactive - Not Added By Me....
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »
 ??? Hi - Before I contact support - does this happen to anyone else...

There are new recordings appearing in My Interactive that I did not add (and no one else has access to my account).

How did they get there?!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Cris

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New Recordings Added in My Interactive - Not Added By Me....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 02:22:03 AM »
Do you have any keywords setup? The online interactive tells you what the reasons are for a timer.  Also if you set any recordings uo on the pvr itself you will see them show up on the interactive guide.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »
I had a few weird scheduled recording too that I've cancelled. Gemblins???

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
If you open up the offending recording, you should see what triggered its insertion.
Probably a keyword.
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
They weren't associated to Keywords I checked that. I also only use Keywords as favourites not for recordings.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
Are they recordings set on either Nine or Seven HD that are now appearing at the wrong times on GEM and 7mate? I had a few of those, and I needed to fix them so they pointed at the corresponding programs at the correct times on either the SD service or the new HD service.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
Yeah, it seems that ICE doesn't tidy up after a mistake, i.e. if they send a timer to your PVR for a program in error (e.g. they thought a show started at 8pm, but later in the week realised the show starts at 9pm and so did the fix to the schedule), then they don't delete it when the error is fixed.    Instead, as the EPG changes for that timeslot to a different show, ICE shows a dot for the new show name as though you intentionally set the timer for the new show from the PVR epg.
They really need to think more about how they deal with timeslot shifts, and ensure that all timers they sent to devices are deleted if the timeslot is changed, rather than 'blindly'* altering the timeslot and not cleaning up afterwards.

(*not really blindly, but altering without thought of the consequences of interactive recordings that were set from that show... i.e. they should be purging the interactive recording when altering the EPG entry, and of course ensuring the recording for the new timeslot is sent, which I believe they do actually do).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:28:30 PM by tonymy01 »

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
Are they recordings set on either Nine or Seven HD that are now appearing at the wrong times on GEM and 7mate? I had a few of those, and I needed to fix them so they pointed at the corresponding programs at the correct times on either the SD service or the new HD service.

No they were random shows at weird times of the early morning for ch.10 and ABC1 (which I wasn't recording). The issues did arise after GEM & 7mate went live in ICE so maybe that was the catalyst for the issue?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:45:45 PM by Trial_Master »

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:45:01 PM »
They really need to think more about how they deal with timeslot shifts, and ensure that all timers they sent to devices are deleted if the timeslot is changed, rather than blindly altering the timeslot and not cleaning up afterwards.

Wow, I thought they would delete existing timer and send new one for timeslot change. That's a bit disappointing.

Offline lebreton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
They really need to think more about how they deal with timeslot shifts, and ensure that all timers they sent to devices are deleted if the timeslot is changed, rather than blindly altering the timeslot and not cleaning up afterwards.

Wow, I thought they would delete existing timer and send new one for timeslot change. That's a bit disappointing.
I have seen this first hand with tonights episode of survivour that has had an increase in duration. Still listing the original time-slot only. Looks like I need to manually delete then resend all timers. This deficiency could be the deal breaker that stops me renewing when subscription expires. Is there any plan to fix this icetv?

Thanks
Andrew

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »

Happened to me a couple of times too.  I have no keywords set up at all
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline timaa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
I've had this happen too, and I believe it's because of the new data added as a result of the two new channels (7mate and Gem). The timers did seem a bit random, but easy to get rid of.

I deleted the offending timers, and everything has worked fine since.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »
I've just had a bunch of these turn up as queued single recordings (ACT guide). Start times 2000 and 2030 on GEM and 2130, 2200 and 2230 on 7mate, all on Mon Oct 18.

Also the movie Presumed Innocent (which is one of the non-requested recordings) has two entries at the same time on GEM in My Week and in TV Guide.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »
I've just had a bunch of these turn up as queued single recordings (ACT guide). Start times 2000 and 2030 on GEM and 2130, 2200 and 2230 on 7mate, all on Mon Oct 18.

Also the movie Presumed Innocent (which is one of the non-requested recordings) has two entries at the same time on GEM in My Week and in TV Guide.
These un-requested queued single recordings have now moved on and sent their timers to the beyonwiz, except for a couple of them that are now creating a timer conflict with a recording I actually want. Strangely, both instances of "Presumed Innocent" now claim to be Single Recordings, without error, even though it's impossible to set two concurrent timers on the same service on the Beyonwiz that is being programmed. Anyway, because these unwanted recordings were interfering with what I actually want to record, they've been killed off.

And now I have another double: Lost Gardens  ‘Dunira’ (ABC1 tonight 14 Oct 1800), a series recording that I actually set myself, appears twice in both my My Week and TV Guide Web pages (ACT guide, Beyonwiz DP-Lite PVR) and in both TV Guide and My Upcoming Shows my Yahoo Widget (Windows XP Pro SP3, widget 2.14(25)).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Suggestion: Email newsletter of pilot episodes

Started by Peter_H on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 10:59:30 PM
by Peter_H
xx
New SBS channel

Started by Melb137 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 01:04:41 PM