Author Topic: My Upcoming Shows - excessive page size  (Read 2685 times)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
My Upcoming Shows - excessive page size
« on: January 16, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
I just made a few simply changes to my pending recordings (http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myupcomingshows) - I deleted the HD episodes of a recording picked up on HD and SD - and found that the screen refresh seemed to take an awfully long time, even on work's big, fat network (nice and quick).

Turns out that the reason is that the size of the page is about 7Mb!!  That's right... despite only having 15 shows showing for the entire week ahead, a whopping 7+Mb of data is being pulled down to the browser each time I make a change.  That can't be right?!?!  Surely there's something wrong there?  I certainly don't recall the refresh taking this long in the past, so what has changed and why is so much bandwidth being used to pull a simply screen? 

I looked at the page source and it would appear that the entire EPG is being downloaded with each screen refresh then rendered by a little bit of JavaScript.  Methinks someone has made a little error somewhere, hmm?

I'm guessing that someone has updated something recently which has resulted in this altered behaviour and presume that it is not correct.  I doubt you want to be pushing that amount of data at each user request - bad for you and bad for the user - so I would respectfully suggest that someone needs to fix it rather quickly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:37:53 PM by mtb »
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: My Upcoming Shows - excessive page size
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:29:07 AM »
eek.  Sorry about that, looks like some debugging info got left in by mistake.  It's fixed now, thanks for reporting it!

Russell

Offline mtb

• View Profile
Re: My Upcoming Shows - excessive page size
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
Hmm, 93.9Kb - ah yes, that's a lot better!

p.s. Been there, done that, so no worries.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
by prl
xx
My Kitchen Rules no picture

Started by bowser on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post April 14, 2019, 06:21:44 PM