Author Topic: More info added to help with series recordings and keywords  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
More info added to help with series recordings and keywords
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »
Hi,

We've added a couple of new things to help with series recordings and keywords.

First, when you click a show to view its details, and it says, "This show is part of a series recording", the words "series recording" are now a link to that particular entry on the My Shows page.

And when you view a show that's part of a series recording but wasn't scheduled (with a grey icon), it now says why it wasn't scheduled for recording.  For example:

This show is part of a series recording but is not scheduled to be recorded.
   (Show does not match requested start time.)

Other reasons that might be displayed include:

(Show does not match requested quality setting.)
   (Show does not match requested network.)
   (Repeat showing but series set for first runs only.)
   (Recording show would exceed requested shows per day limit.)

Also, when you view a show that matches a Keyword Recording or Keyword Favourite, you'll now see which keywords matched that particular show.  For example:

This show matched the Keyword Record: simpsons -treehouse

And the keywords are linked to that particular entry on the My Shows page.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: More info added to help with series recordings and keywords
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
Hi, Russell, it sounds good. However, I'm not getting any more information in the hover boxes on my greyed-out recordings (ACT guide data). They just say "Series recording not scheduled to record". I have refreshed my Web page, and I see the new series recording links.

It would also be nice if clicking on the series recording links took you to an appropriate tag in the My Shows page. As it is, it always goes to the top of the My Shows page, even though it opens the appropriate entry for the recording. But perhaps that's not feasible.

What do you see for keyword recordings/favorites where more than one search matches? First matching search?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:41 AM »
Hi, Russell, it sounds good. However, I'm not getting any more information in the hover boxes on my greyed-out recordings (ACT guide data). They just say "Series recording not scheduled to record". I have refreshed my Web page, and I see the new series recording links.

You said hover box, but I think you meant the details page, after you click a show on the TV Guide page?  Give it another try today and see if they're showing up now.  You should see reasons listed for all your shows with grey icons.

It would also be nice if clicking on the series recording links took you to an appropriate tag in the My Shows page. As it is, it always goes to the top of the My Shows page, even though it opens the appropriate entry for the recording. But perhaps that's not feasible.

Good suggestion, I've added that and you should be seeing it work now.

What do you see for keyword recordings/favorites where more than one search matches? First matching search?

If more than one keyword matches a show, you'll see the first keyword you created.  So if you created one for "aaa" and then "bbb", and a show matched both of them, it'll list "aaa" since it was created before the keyword "bbb".  If you change or delete "aaa" so that it doesn't match anymore, you'll see "bbb" listed.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »

You said hover box, but I think you meant the details page, after you click a show on the TV Guide page?  Give it another try today and see if they're showing up now.  You should see reasons listed for all your shows with grey icons.

Good suggestion, I've added that and you should be seeing it work now.

If more than one keyword matches a show, you'll see the first keyword you created.  ...

Thanks,
Russell
:-[ On the first one. I must have been thinking of the discussion about getting more information about greyed-out recordings; whatever the reason, I didn't read your post properly. The reason for not recording is showing in the details page. Probably was when I first posted.

Thanks for the second one; it makes the feature a lot easier to use.

Thanks for the info on the third one.

There seems to be a similar thing happening for greyed-out series recordings where there is more than one reason why they're not recording. I've changed my All Saints series recording to first runs only/high def only, and the daytime SD repeats show the failure on the first test, that they are repeats, and I've asked for first run, but they don't show the other cause of failure, that they're SD and I've asked for HD only. It it possible to show all the reasons why the series isn't recording for episode?

Thanks again,

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
It it possible to show all the reasons why the series isn't recording for episode?

At the moment it's only setup to show one reason, because the scheduling engine stops checking after any one of them fails.  We would have to change it to check all the reasons, which would slow things down a bit.  It might be something we can add in the future though.

Russell

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
More Windows 10 updates eating WMC

Started by Dave on Windows 8 Media Center

0 Replies
Last post March 20, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
by Dave
xx
ten hd lismore

Started by mooseau on IceTV EPG Content

5 Replies
Last post September 21, 2016, 03:39:58 PM
by Dave at IceTV
xx
No More Recording This Week

Started by carlprowse on General Discussions

3 Replies
Last post July 21, 2016, 04:06:12 PM
by carlprowse
question
Information needed for new channels (7flix, TEN HD and more)

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on General Discussions

110 Replies
Last post March 23, 2016, 01:13:59 PM
by Dave at IceTV