Author Topic: Mirroring recordings on two machines  (Read 1469 times)

Offline PhilthyM

• View Profile
Mirroring recordings on two machines
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »
I'm trying to work out if it's feasible to set up mirrored recordings, so set the recording once and have two separate machines pick up the same recording schedule. One would be using Windows Media Centre 7, the other EyeTV on a Mac Mini. I'd presumed that it would simply be a case of setting the device name the same on both, but it looks as if it's not that simple.

Anyone know if this can be done, and if so, how, please?

Thanks

Offline PhilthyM

• View Profile
Re: Mirroring recordings on two machines
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »
I think I've partially answered my own question, after a bit more playing this morning. I can see why it would not work to have two different device types as the format of the data being sent would be different for Media Centre and EyeTV, so that would not work.

So I guess the question is whether there's any other way of achieving this, apart from having the same recording schedule being entered twice, once for each device?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
So I guess the question is whether there's any other way of achieving this, apart from having the same recording schedule being entered twice, once for each device?
That's the only way I know to do this. I know it works (at least for two Beyonwizes), because I did it accidentally for The Bridge a couple of weeks ago.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline PhilthyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »
Thank you Peter, I had come to the same conclusion, and just wanted to make sure I had not overlooked something.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »
No problem :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter