Author Topic: Keyword match criteria display, please  (Read 3163 times)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
Keyword match criteria display, please
« on: April 06, 2009, 01:45:12 PM »
On a number of occasions, we find shows being scheduled via keyword searches (it shows the magnifying glass) for which we can see no rhyme or reason for being set.  Looking at all the details for the shows in question we simply cannot see any reason for the show being matched against any of our keyword recordings.

Would it be possible to add the matching criteria to the diplayed details (in the RSS feed as well as the web page) to show which keyword search was deemed to match the show?  This would help fine tune existing ones as well as correct erroneous ones.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:48:02 PM by mtb »
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Keyword match criteria display, please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 03:34:57 AM »
Hi,

I think it's a good idea.  We'll have to look into it to see what would be involved with adding that extra information.

Maybe we should just start with looking at the cases you're having trouble with.  If you let us know the keywords and settings you used, and what got scheduled that you don't think should have been, we can check it.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline Nixay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »
I seem to be having this same problem.  I keep getting record schedules for "Room For Improvement" but I have no idea why.  All my keywords are based on the program title and I have the titles specified between " " so there shouldn't be any partial words being matched, and anyway I don't have any keywords for "Room" or "Improvement" or even "For" in any other keywords.  No idea how "Room For Improvement" is getting scheduled....

Andrew.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:24:16 AM »
Rove?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:23 AM »
I seem to be having this same problem.  I keep getting record schedules for "Room For Improvement" but I have no idea why.  All my keywords are based on the program title and I have the titles specified between " " so there shouldn't be any partial words being matched, and anyway I don't have any keywords for "Room" or "Improvement" or even "For" in any other keywords.  No idea how "Room For Improvement" is getting scheduled....

Quote from: tonymy01
Rove?

Tony beat me to it, but yes, I think that's it.  I see that you have quotes around "Rove", but since it's a single word, it's actually the same as if you had left off the quotes, which causes it to match on partial words.  You might try: Rove -improvement  I think that might do what you want.  You can go to the TV Guide page and do a search with those words and see what you get back -- it should be the same as what the server will match on your keywords.

Russell

Offline Nixay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
Ahh, that seems to have fixed it - thanks!  I assumed the inverted commas would specify the exact word.  Makes sense now.

Andrew.

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
I read in the help that to get ICE to apply a keyword search I do a search for the word I want and when it is found I can schedule recording. (I think). I looked for something but it was not found because there was no match for any show within the next week - presumably. How do I tell it to look for a show with a particular keyword and to either record it or show it as a favourite whenever in the future it may appear - ie beyond the next week?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
It asks "would you like to generate a keyword for this search" or some such thing, when you do a search from the guide in the Website (never did this on the widget of course).

Offline mikeathome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »
Yes, I see the option now. For some reason it wasn't there the first time I looked but I can't reproduce the sequence of actions that I used to get to it. Thanks for the help.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Favourite Keyword Searches

Started by kgl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
by prl
xx
Keyword Recordings Not Excluding Results

Started by scotty on Smart Recording website and General questions

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2017, 08:30:02 PM