Author Topic: Keyword Favourite  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
Keyword Favourite
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »
Does this function work properly? I had a Keyword Favourite set up for Hugh Grant and tonights viewing of Two Weeks Notice on CH9/HD 7:30pm is no where to be seen in my Upcoming Shows???

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Keyword Favourite
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »
did you make sure you had "title and description" radio button ticked when you set it up?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
That changes the found matches in the upcoming 7 days but it doesn't appear to impact any new content. But yes I did use that selection when setting up.

EDIT: Just looked at existing Keyword Favourite and expanded it the first line states "Search for Hugh Grant  in the title, description, actor name and director name"

So it should have picked up tonights movie you would assume?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:09:50 PM by Trial_Master »

Offline martymonster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »
I have a Keyword record set up for 24 using ' 24 Kiefer ' which picks up only 24 and not Final 24 etc.
I believe that adding a Keyword Favourite for a show does NOT record the show but only adds it as a Favourite.
I just added 24 as a Keyword Favourite as a test and when I looked at my Upcoming SHows, it lists
Final 24
as Keyword Favourites
I then added Kiefer to the keywords and saved the changes so it should search for 24 Kiefer and none were shown in my Upcoming SHows
I then deleted that Favourite and searched for 24
I then clicked the Titles and Descriptions button and searched for 24 Kiefer and added that as a Keyword Favourite
This time, 24 should up in my Upcoming shows but Final 24 did not.

So, yes, it does work as long as you click the Title and Description button when searching.

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:25 AM »
I'll delete and rebuild my keyword favourites with this method and see what happens. Thanks for the explanation.

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »
I have a Keyword Favourite for "AFL" and I picked up one game repeat I wanted to watch so I clicked on record via Interactive and the red doughnut keeps disappearing? I had to create a Keyword Record for the specific Interactive name to get it to record (then delete the Keyword Record when no longer required). Is this normal behaviour? I was hoping to use Keyword Favourites like regular Favourites and just record the shows/games I want.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »
Something sounds wrong right from the beginning of that message.
A keyword recording will pick up repeats or non-repeats alike.  So the rest of your message can essentially be ignored until you work out why it didn't pick up the AFL repeat?

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:19 PM »
Maybe I didn't make it clear in my previous post. I have a Keyword Favourite "AFL" set up to monitor anything with AFL that enters the guide. I wanted to record one of those entries so I clicked on it in my Upcoming Shows and clicked on the Record button. The red doughnut appeared but vanished on next refresh of page. I left the Keyword Favourite intact but created an additional Keyword Record with the specific name of the game I wanted to record and that produced the red doughnut which after the poll with my BW changed to solid red circle. When the recording had completed I removed the Keyword Record entry leaving the Keyword Favourite there.

I would have thought that I could use the Keyword Favourite and just record individual shows that I wanted but it keeps removing the red doughnut. This sounds like a fault to me but I don't know if it's normal behaviour?

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 08:55:17 AM »
I would have thought that I could use the Keyword Favourite and just record individual shows that I wanted but it keeps removing the red doughnut. This sounds like a fault to me but I don't know if it's normal behaviour?

Yes, you should be able to do that.  Can you tell us the name of the show you were trying to record, as well as the date and channel, if you remember?  Also, if you can get it to happen again, let us know all the details and we'll check it out.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline Trial_Master

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »

Yes, you should be able to do that.  Can you tell us the name of the show you were trying to record, as well as the date and channel, if you remember?  Also, if you can get it to happen again, let us know all the details and we'll check it out.

Thanks,
Russell

Hi russell

It was AFL Game Day on Sunday, 15 March. I'm pretty sure it was 7HD. I've just tried for this Sundays show and will let you know if it works when my View Timer fires at 10:00 EST. (The doughnut is not disappearing so looking good so far).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Favourite Keyword Searches

Started by kgl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
by prl
xx
Keyword Recordings Not Excluding Results

Started by scotty on Smart Recording website and General questions

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2017, 08:30:02 PM