Author Topic: Junk Show Filter  (Read 1628 times)

Offline jjconomy

• View Profile
Junk Show Filter
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:05:40 AM »
I find it difficult to browse the guide for shows of interest because there are so many of them. I'd really like the ability to hide any shows that i'm not interested in (80-90%)

ie: anything thats news, current affair, kids shows, talk shows ....... I would like to be able to mark them as junk and never have to look at them again. It could be done and managed in the same way you mark something as a favourite but instead of the love hearts just hide the show altogether.
This would make for a much better browsing experience.

So come on IceTV, the coding is pretty much done already with the favourites so no excuses :)

Please show your support of this idea if you agree.

Thanks

Offline mtb

• View Profile
Re: Junk Show Filter
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »
I do that already... by hiding Seven, Nine and Ten!

Seriously though, while the idea has some merit, it would be far more difficult to select the data and render the guide leaving holes everywhere than it is to simply add an icon.  I do sometimes simply filter down onto one channel or Network to make browsing a little easier but usually I just search as I already have an idea what I'm looking for.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline Adrian3

• View Profile
Re: Junk Show Filter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
This is an excellent suggestion, I have the same issue - browsing the guide to see what's on is pretty painful when you're bombarded with all the crap that's on FTA - I'd love to be able to filter out kids shows, sports, news, reality & soaps.

Share via facebook Share via twitter