Author Topic: Is it time to add a Service category to the Timer options?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
Is it time to add a Service category to the Timer options?
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »
I'm finding more and more that just having only a Network to chose from when setting Timers, rather than a Service, leads to many duplicate Timers being set.

For example, SBS are currently re-running some programs on SBS TWO that are not marked as Repeats. Sometimes, the Programs are repeats from way back, but are being re-run again on two Services on the same Network. So now you have the scenario of having repeats on repeats.

My suggestion is to switch to Services rather than Channels (Networks). By all means retain any Service/Network in the search for future Programs yet to be be aired, but have at least the option of specifying a Service rather than whole Network when setting a Timer for currently showing Programs.

I know you have the options of specifying a time slot, HD or SD preference (which these days is now totally superfluous btw  :)), but this does not solve the problem entirely.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:42:19 PM by JPP »
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Is it time to add a Service category to the Timer options?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
Well, 6 days have gone by with a deathly silence  :o. Does no one else have an issue with this or am I missing something that circumvents the problem?

derekathome

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:28:01 AM »
Yes, it is a deal breaker for me.
Day 1 of my 3 month free trial isn't too promising.
If I can't set the 6pm news on 7QLD as a series without the system tagging 7BRIS and NOT 7QLD I may just as well use the series features on my Beyonwiz.

Offline mearcat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
I've just posted a similar question http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/smart-recording-website-and-general-questions/35/recording-from-a-specific-channel-not-network/2962/ and have EXACTLY the same issues. I have the issue that a show on Seven is being aired twice a week and SIX repeats on 7mate, but not marked as repeats.   >:(

I wholey agree - we should be able to choose a SERVICE, not CHANNEL when doing recordings.

Offline Jammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:42 AM »
Same issue here.....and I'm also experiencing some timers not firing because another timer is recording 2 identical shows on different channels, therefore using both tuners on my Beyonwiz PVR.  And I can't choose the option to just record 1 instance because some shows are having multiple, new episodes broadcast consecutively e.g. Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Or I might actually want to record the repeats as well as new eps of Seinfeld etc.  The inability to choose a specific channel (apart from the major ones) is causing some very real problems in our household....just the opposite of what I believe ICE Interactive is supposed to try and avoid.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

14 Replies
Last post July 20, 2019, 05:09:13 PM
by prl
xx
Is the Ellen show repeat?

Started by csutak40 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 09:00:18 PM