Author Topic: Ice turns off scheduled recording on Beyonwiz  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Stanna

• View Profile
Ice turns off scheduled recording on Beyonwiz
« on: May 21, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
I have an extremely frustrating thing happening - I set a series recording for the NBA finals, and it had been working fine, but I noticed a couple of days ago that the recording scheduled for this morning had been turned off.  I manually went in to the Beyonwiz guide and set the timer again (and could see it reflected a short time later on interactive).  Checked again this morning and it was still there, but get home from work to watch the game and find that the timer had been removed again!  I now see that several of the next few games are not set to record, but several are...I have checked that they are not marked as repeats.

Why is ICE removing my timers that I have manually set?  Why are only some of the series set to record?

What is going on???

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Ice turns off scheduled recording on Beyonwiz
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »
We have been looking into this issue and believe we have found the cause of the problem and are working on a fix now and should have it online shortly.

It came down to being a rather bizarre set of circumstances that caused this particular issue and hence why it took a bit to track down, but it has been found.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
To confirm the fix for this is now online and this should now be resolved.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Wow, good effort.   I have occasionally seen some quirkiness when you start to try to set your own timers in the PVR interface and ICE starts to "manage" the timer, only to then, say, have the show moved slightly in the timeslot, and have ICE trying to set things or remove things or something strange that is hard to explain with the distant memories of the situation combined with the extreme rarity that I actually bother setting a timer from the PVR...
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Stanna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
Hey guys - thanks for the quick response to the previous issue - I have found another one along the same track, and to do with the basketball again...
Due to the program fairly consistantly going over time, I decided to extend the timer on the Beyonwiz to give it another hour (on top of the padding the Beyonwiz adds), only to notice that Ice was fairly insistant on changed my modified timer back to the original duration.  This happened several times, until I decided to delete the timer on the Beyonwiz and manually set one for the correct duration.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Simon

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 10:28:49 AM »
Since the fix (but I'm not sure if it's only since the fix), my only Beyonwiz-side timer (ABC1 19:55-20:00 weekly on Thursdays) no longer appears in IceTV. It used to show up, and was left undisturbed. Why isn't it showing in IceTV? It's useful for it to be displayed, so I can see potential timer conflicts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect