Author Topic: Ice Interactive setting timers I don't want  (Read 4982 times)

Offline hallycat

• View Profile
Ice Interactive setting timers I don't want
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
What's going on with Ice Interactive? It keeps setting timers for programs randomly. Then when I cancel them it cancels the timers I have set and I then have to manually re enter them on the PVR. It is going crazy!

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Ice Interactive setting timers I don't want
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »
We are currently looking into this issue.

This however looks like be just a display issue at this stage, the timers are being set correctly in the database, but for some reason they are being displayed incorrectly in the Upcoming Shows page and TV Guide pages of IceTV Interactive.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline hallycat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:31:16 AM »
No it does actually change the timers on the PVR too.

Offline hallycat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:45 PM »
Actually, I should clarify that last comment. It hasn't added timers to the PVR but when I cancel the ones I don't like and it cancels the ones that I do want it has removed them from the PVR timer list too. It doesn't happen all the time but does from time to time.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
Yep, that would be correct as it would have been removing the correct as it was just displaying the timer wrong.

The good news is that this display issue has been resolved now so all timers should be showing up correctly under the IceTV Interactive webpages.

AndrewT

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:12:05 PM »
I have both a Topfield TF7100 and a Beyonwiz P1 and I am seeing this problem still for either unit.Sure it has been fixed?

Have rung IceTV support several times but the people I have spoken to don't seem to understand what I am talking about.Have referred onto this particular topic.

Daniel,can you please confirm what is going on?

Offline frankf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 05:51:40 PM »
I believe I am suffering from this same "displays the wrong program for a timer entry" issue.

I just set up (about 5-10 minutes ago) to record Bones tonight on CH7 on my Vista MC and both the web and iPhone are showing Heroes instead with an Error icon stating that the recording has failed!

Something not quite right here.

Frank.

Offline willys

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »
I am still having similar issues most of which occur on a Monday night:
•   “Lateline” on the ABC keeps appearing on a Monday in “My Upcoming Shows”, which should probably be “Enough Rope,” even though it didn’t record
•   Late last night the RSS feed for “My Upcoming Shows” showed that “Supernatural” had successfully recorded, which probably should have been “Good News Week”

My biggest issue at present related to the above is that “Enough Rope” is showing up in the “My Upcoming Shows” as a favourite with series recording scheduled, however, it does not show up on the EyeTV schedule and does not record. This has happened a few weeks in a row now and it is getting a little frustrating.
I have an Elgato Diversity on my Mac mini set to dual tuners with two other shows (“Good News Week” on Ten and “Bogan” on SBS) recording concurrently just prior to the start of “Enough Rope,” so I know it is not a tuner issue.  I have set the buffering to 1 minute of buffering before and 2 minutes of buffering after each program leaving a 1 minute gap of no recording for both tuners before the scheduled start time of 9.35 for “Enough Rope” so it shouldn’t be a scheduling conflict issue.

Is there something else that could be causing the problem?

As an aside I have also noticed is that the RSS feed for my upcoming shows appears after the shows have gone to air. Wrong forum I know but has anyone else noticed this?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

27 Replies
Last post July 22, 2019, 07:10:01 PM