Author Topic: ICE Interactive - programming errors - NOW FIXED.  (Read 3330 times)

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
ICE Interactive - programming errors - NOW FIXED.
« on: December 07, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
This post may well show problems that are common to all PVRs.

For a while now, I have been playing around with ICETV on the 2400 Toppy and have noticed some errors that I think may be due to ICETV's Program allocation software.

I have set up a daily news recording timer on SBS at 6.30pm. Now, it so happens that SBS has the exact same news broadcast on SBS ONE and SBS TWO simultaneously (both SD services). This means that ICETV can send you a timer for either SBS ONE or SBS TWO as either of these time slots and programs are identical.

Now, I have no problem or issue with that. But, the algoritms in the ICETV web server software seem to get screwed up as the software doesn't seem to remember which of the 2 services it sent a timer for. As a consequence, I get errors coming back from my Toppy and I often get BOTH services, i.e. both SBS ONE and SBS TWO news broadcasts recorded on the same day.

On the screen shot below, you can see the settings of My Upcoming Shows as seen on the ICETV web-site and the corresponding Toppy 2400 Reservation (timer) list.

Note how there are 2 timers set on the same day for the SBS news - SBS ONE and SBS TWO on both the 10th and 11th. Note that there is an error too with the ABC show. Not sure why that is the case.

I would like to hear from others if they have seen similar issues, and if so, what model/brand of PVR they have. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:24:54 PM by JPP »
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: ICE Interactive - programming errors
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:15:37 PM »
This one has been fixed up, from now on where the same episode is scheduled on two channels of the same quality at the same time it will always select the same one.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
This one has been fixed up, from now on where the same episode is scheduled on two channels of the same quality at the same time it will always select the same one.
Hey, that's great news Daniel - thanks for the response. I'll monitor it over the next week and post back here to let you know should I get (or not get  :)) any more false error messages from the 2400 Toppy.

Edit. Just did a resend (after deleting all timers on the Toppy), but after the new timers arrived, still seeing SBS ONE and SBS TWO timers. Take it the update of the software will take place overnight?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:49:08 PM by JPP »

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »
Hey, that's great news Daniel - thanks for the response. I'll monitor it over the next week and post back here to let you know should I get (or not get  :)) any more false error messages from the 2400 Toppy.

Well, I don't know about the false errors from the Topfield ( ;D ), but with the settings you have for the series it will always schedule the recording on the same channel and not drift from channel to channel (nor change channel before its been recorded) which seems to have caused some of the issues you raised.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
Bump, sorry, my edited post re still seeing two services for the same series set as timers crossed yours.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:02:05 PM by JPP »

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Still showing SBS TWO timers....Would I perhaps be right in assuming that resending the timers only effectively sends out the contents of the timer cache file already on the server? And, as a consequence, it won't be until about a week has passed that we will have all the upcoming timers set by the updated ICETV program algorithm? So, if that assumption is right, by the end of another 5 days, all SBS news timers should be on SBS ONE? I guess only time will tell  :).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:23:55 AM by JPP »

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
Still showing SBS TWO timers....Would I perhaps be right in assuming that resending the timers only effectively sends out the contents of the timer cache file already on the server? And, as a consequence, it won't be until about a week has passed that we will have all the upcoming timers set by the updated ICETV program algorithm? So, if that assumption is right, by the end of another 5 days, all SBS news timers should be on SBS ONE? I guess only time will tell  :).

Correct, re-send all recordings just re-sends what is currently in the server.

You can tell the system to re-schedule and re-check the World News Australia series recording by going into the My Shows tab of IceTV Interactive and expanding the World News Australia series recording then clicking on the "Update" button, this will tell the server to re-process it and it will use the new algorithm. One thing though this new algorithm will not specifically choose SBS ONE over SBS TWO, but whichever channel it does choose for this show, it will always choose for this show (so no swapping over the week).

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
Correct, re-send all recordings just re-sends what is currently in the server.

You can tell the system to re-schedule and re-check the World News Australia series recording by going into the My Shows tab of IceTV Interactive and expanding the World News Australia series recording then clicking on the "Update" button, this will tell the server to re-process it and it will use the new algorithm. One thing though this new algorithm will not specifically choose SBS ONE over SBS TWO, but whichever channel it does choose for this show, it will always choose for this show (so no swapping over the week).
Of course - doh - I simply overlooked that option. Have now updated the SBS timer, cleared the Toppy's Reservations, and resent all the timers.

The proof is always in the pudding, so here's the pudding. Thanks for fixing this one up Daniel.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

25 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 11:01:01 PM