Author Topic: Help me with keywords!  (Read 3078 times)

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Help me with keywords!
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
Ok, I got no response in another thread (discussing HD vs SD prefs) when I said I was having keyword problems (now the ratings season has started again, it has become very obvious!).
Ok, here is my keyword:
24 "Day 7:" -"Final 24"
Why doesn't it work?  I don't want every show with the word "24" in it, and so tried the -"Final 24" to get rid of that silly show, and this didn't work, it still matched "Final 24" for some reason.   So then I put in "Day 7:" which appears to be in the title of the show I want, and this is causing nothing to get matched.  I have a similar problem with "Lost" in that every show with the word "lost" in the title or description is now being matched.
I don't simply want to select the show and make a normal series recording, as Seven is doing an old Ten trick, which is to only sometimes put 24 and Lost on HD now (grrrr!!!)   
Is there a regexp trick to getting my keywords just match on the show title (and for 24 and Lost, the whole title)?   Is there a "HD over SD" pref coming *real* soon for standard interactive (non-keyword) recordings?  Either of these would solve my problem I think.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help me with keywords!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
I think that the matching is just the AND of all the keywords/phrases. No negation, no OR, and certainly nothing like regex.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:48:39 PM »
There is negation, look at the help text when creating a keyword (and choosing the help option):
Keyword Record

Keyword Recordings are a great way to record shows by actor name, director name or by general concepts. Set up a Keyword Record for Ricky Gervais to record every movie or TV show staring Ricky Gervais. Set up a Keyword Recording for surfing to record every show that mentions the word "surfing" in the title or description.

To add a Keyword Record, search for something in the TV guide, then click on "Add a Keyword Record or Keyword Favourite", set the desired options (including setting Action to Record), then click Add Keyword Record.

More advanced users may wish to take advantage of quotes and minus symbols, allowing for powerful search terms. A search for Ricky Gervais will actually search for a match of Ricky AND Gervais. Quotes can be used for exact phrase matching. Searching for “Ricky Gervais” (with quotes in the actual search field) will search for the phrase Ricky Gervais. Minus (“-”) can be used to exclude words or phrases. Ricky Gervais -Office would search for all instances of Ricky AND Gervais that don't also contain Office.
But it seems the inverted commas must bugger up the negation.   I certainly can't do "24 -Final" to get 24 but not "Final 24" as the word "Final" is bound to appear in the description text of a 24 episode or two!
This keyword option is next to useless really, it also doesn't support not recording repeats too, which is a real bummer right now with so many repeated shows mixed in with the ratings period new seasons...
Regards

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
Hi Tony, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the feature.

I've duplicated the problem you're having -- it does indeed appear to be a bug.  We'll look into it and see if we can find where it's going wrong.  More soon...

Thanks for reporting it,
Russell

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »
Russell, while you're about it, how about giving us SD preferred and HD preferred options for Series recordings? Surely that is only a matter of cloning some of the Keyword code?

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:04:11 PM »
Russell, while you're about it, how about giving us SD preferred and HD preferred options for Series recordings? Surely that is only a matter of cloning some of the Keyword code?

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that, it is on our ToDo list. We were able to add SD/HD preferred options to keywords from the beginning because it is a new feature, we are free to roll it out incrementally.

For series recordings we need to implement it in the backend, the website, the widgets, iPhone App etc as well as updating existing series recordings to be compatible with the new options.
As you can imagine this requires careful planning and a lot of work by our code monkeys.

We know it is an important feature for our users and we will roll it out as soon as we can, good things come to those who wait ;)

Cheers
Dan
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »
Hey Tony,

Thanks for the bug report, it turns out the search on the website and the series daemon were treating the keywords differently. I have fixed the series daemon to match the website and successfully scheduled a show based on your cool keyword search ;)

Please let us know if you notice any other quirks...

Cheers
Dan

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »
I had another keyword problem for last Sunday night.   I have a keyword setup for Dexter, prefer HD, and there ended up being timers created for both SD and HD, the end result meant I missed 24 (as the Beyonwiz can only record 2 things at once). 
Luckily I still have PerlTGD chugging away on the SLUG connected to the 5K and it has keyword recordings that work predictably and with a rating/preference system, so I got the show there, but this is a show I really enjoy in HD.
Is there any reason why the "prefer HD" preference didn't work this time?   I remember when you changed TenHD to OneHD, One Digital was part of the OneHD prefer HD preference or something like that, and you fixed that problem, but this recorded Ten SD and Ten HD last night (for both Dexter timeslots).  It did not record "The Office" on both SD and HD however, which was after Dexter.  The recording was in HD only!?!?  Bizarre.
Regards

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Help! The McMafia have stolen our apostrophe!

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:18:06 PM
by prl
xx
2 tuner epg help

Started by Maxicat2003 on Humax

0 Replies
Last post June 27, 2017, 10:23:07 PM
by Maxicat2003
clip
iPhone app help