Author Topic: Has ABC HD TV now become ABC1?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline johnmw1

• View Profile
Has ABC HD TV now become ABC1?
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:54:52 AM »
Hi,

I have suddenly in the last week lost ABC HDTV and all of my series recording timers from the TV Guide, and of course I have all of my ABC program timers set to record from ABC HDTV.

If I go into My Shows and click on series options I'm still given the choice of ABC HDTV or Any Channel. Have I missed something, is it just a name change or what? 

Cheers
John  :D

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Has ABC HD TV now become ABC1?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
and of course I have all of my ABC program timers set to record from ABC HDTV
I can't answer your main problem, but why "of course"???  Do you know that ABC is lucky to broadcast 1 or 2 (real) HD shows a week?   So all you are recording is their SD material upscaled, and thus taking up more HDD space for potentially less quality than the SD version (as upscaling if not done right can lower the quality of the SD image).
Back to your ABCHD problem, do you have a full guide listed for ABCHD?  The default for ICE is to send only the shows that ABC broadcasts in HD for the week, and if you scan through you will see this is very sparse indeed (at the moment I notice only 10minute kiddies shows in true HD).   If this is the case, then you can alleviate this problem by going into your account settings and choosing to copy all the SD guide into the HD guide, and this will fill up the gaps.   I don't know how ICE behaves when you setup timers on these "copied" EPG entries though (you would presume it would let you record the shows off ABCHD if you *really* wanted to...)
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline johnmw1

• View Profile
Re: Has ABC HD TV now become ABC1?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
Hi Tony,

When I said "of course" I just meant that is the channel that I have chosen to record all my ABC programmes from. Up until ABCHDTV suddendly dissappeared earlier this week from my tv guide and was replaced with the ABC1 all of my recordings were fine. It's no big deal, I have gone in and changed my recording preferance now to any channel rather than just ABCHD, I just find it odd that you are still given the choice if ABCHD has actually been renamed to ABC1. Yes I do have the full guide for HD.

The other minor winge I found was if I had something to record and had chosen any channel that for instance when I was recording "So you think you can dance" that three timers were being set as it was showing on all three stations at once. It was hard to keep up with that show in particular because channel Ten kept switching from HD to SD and back again from week to week.

Cheers
John  ;D

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
Fishing: Catching The Chase

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2018, 02:18:22 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
NSW guide has Cycling: Tour De France 2018 - Stage 14 (Part 2, WA Only)

Started by andrewb2005 on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2018, 11:40:01 AM
by Alison
xx
Icetv has stopped scheduling shows

Started by charlotte on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post March 17, 2018, 12:43:30 PM
by prl
clip
The Wiz has gone berserk!