Author Topic: Feature request: edit recording settings  (Read 3767 times)

Offline mtb

• View Profile
Feature request: edit recording settings
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »
I've been trying to determine why some of my recordings are appearing on both SD and HD, whereas most do not.  However I've been frustrated by the fact that the only options available for existing recordings are Cancel Episode and Cancel Series. 

Could I ask that this be changed to (re)offer the same options as are available when you initially set the recording (obviously showing the current configuration).  Apart from hindering in these situations the current approach makes correcting options a pain - delete series, find series, add series.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Offline j s

• View Profile
Re: Feature request: edit recording settings
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »
I've been trying to determine why some of my recordings are appearing on both SD and HD, whereas most do not.  However I've been frustrated by the fact that the only options available for existing recordings are Cancel Episode and Cancel Series. 

Could I ask that this be changed to (re)offer the same options as are available when you initially set the recording (obviously showing the current configuration).  Apart from hindering in these situations the current approach makes correcting options a pain - delete series, find series, add series.

First the easy answer: To change Series options click on My Shows and select the Series from there. You will see all the original series options.

The problem of dual HD/SD recordings has been raised with Ice previously but as yet nothing has been done for Series recordings. Keyword recordings offer "SD only" or "HD preferred" and I would like to see these alternatives extended to Series recordings. The lack of these options was a real pain with AFL games this year as the "This Channel" or "Any Channel" resulted in only half the games being recorded or all of the games being recorded twice (SD & HD).

I also think an "SD preferred" option should be added (as a space saver for shows you know are not really HD but don't want to miss if they are only on HD).

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:40:51 AM »
+++1
I have been begging for preferences like this for ages, when Ten does its silliness on Sunday nights with whatever they have on at the same time as the Motor Racing (Dexter, Californication etc).   All great HD shows that I would prefer to record in HD, but if I choose only "record on this channel", then whenever motor racing is on I miss out on them altogether.   So it has to be "any channel" and then suffer the double recordings of all the shows (luckily I don't have anything else to record at the same time as it is effectively taking up 2 recording slots too).   And the Wiz filelist doesn't make it clear which one is the HD vs SD show to delete unless I play it and look for the watermark (grr one thing I don't like about the Beyonwiz fileplayer interface).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:25 AM »
To change Series options click on My Shows and select the Series from there. You will see all the original series options.

I also think an "SD preferred" option should be added (as a space saver for shows you know are not really HD but don't want to miss if they are only on HD).
But not in the My Upcoming Shows section...  Why, of course!  Now why didn't I think of that!?!  One of the most frustrating things about the interactive interface is the lack of consistancy between the various views of your data - it shouldn't be necessary to remember which view permits access to which data, but thanks for that j s.

I wholeheartedly agree about the SD preferred.  Apart from not having and HD display, very little of what we record/view would benefit from HD (news/kids programmes) so I  would prefer to save the disk space.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:31:19 AM by mtb »

Offline mtb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
+++1
I have been begging for preferences like this for ages, when Ten does its silliness on Sunday nights with whatever they have on at the same time as the Motor Racing (Dexter, Californication etc).   All great HD shows that I would prefer to record in HD, but if I choose only "record on this channel", then whenever motor racing is on I miss out on them altogether.   So it has to be "any channel" and then suffer the double recordings of all the shows (luckily I don't have anything else to record at the same time as it is effectively taking up 2 recording slots too).   And the Wiz filelist doesn't make it clear which one is the HD vs SD show to delete unless I play it and look for the watermark (grr one thing I don't like about the Beyonwiz fileplayer interface).
Regards
I agree about the File Player interface, there is much information missing.  The wierd thing I'm finding is that some of the morning kids shows are doubling up one day and aren't on other days, despite being the same channel and times Monday to Friday - it's wierd, I just can't see a pattern.  More playing needed.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
Hi guys,

Just a head's up that we're looking into several changes in the Interactive part of the web site, including several suggestions from the forums to make the Interactive pages easier to use and more consistent.  For example, being able to add and update recordings, go to a show's details page, specify SD/HD settings on all recordings, specify "prefer SD", other advanced search options (whole word? case sensitive?), filter the guide by genre, only show guide for one channel, and add previous/next links at the bottom of the guide for easier navigation.  I don't know when all of these will be added, but we're listening to what you're saying, and working on trying to get as many of them implemented as possible.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Russell

Offline gleff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »
One more really good feature would be to have the option of skipping a recording until further notice.

Eg.  I have lots of keyword records, and series records, etc.  I go on holidays for a month and don't want to record the shows.  Have the ability to skip all recordings until I return.  Saves having to remove it all.  I can adjust keyword records to favourite to get around the issue, but it doesn't help the other series records.  Turning off the PVR doesn't help either because while i'm on holiday I may want specific programs to be recorded.

Maybe have a 'skip' option  in the ACTION section for keyword records/favourites and a 'skip' option in the RECORD section of normal series records.

Another option would be to have a button on the website for backup and restore of current setup.  I think the above is still needed though.

There's also other circumstances where you may want to skip certain programs eg. a special is on that you don't want to miss and can sacrifice an upcoming recording so having this option would be great.

One other feature request would be to include the keyword information in the Yahoo widget.  I know you can do the searches in the widget, but it would be good to list the current keyword searches in the My Shows section just like it does on the website.

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
One more really good feature would be to have the option of skipping a recording until further notice.

Eg.  I have lots of keyword records, and series records, etc.  I go on holidays for a month and don't want to record the shows.  Have the ability to skip all recordings until I return.  Saves having to remove it all.  I can adjust keyword records to favourite to get around the issue, but it doesn't help the other series records.  Turning off the PVR doesn't help either because while i'm on holiday I may want specific programs to be recorded.

Maybe have a 'skip' option  in the ACTION section for keyword records/favourites and a 'skip' option in the RECORD section of normal series records.

Another option would be to have a button on the website for backup and restore of current setup.  I think the above is still needed though.

There's also other circumstances where you may want to skip certain programs eg. a special is on that you don't want to miss and can sacrifice an upcoming recording so having this option would be great.

One other feature request would be to include the keyword information in the Yahoo widget.  I know you can do the searches in the widget, but it would be good to list the current keyword searches in the My Shows section just like it does on the website.

I agree. Being able to suspend/disable a series recording was a feature I requested way back for TEDS and it was added promptly. WebScheduler also allows Auto Add List entries to be disabled until needed again. Much better than needing to delete the entry and than recreate it when needed again.

For gleff the single instance skip can be achieved by waiting till the show appears in My Upcoming Shows then canceling this Episode. Not elegant but it works.

Offline tlss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
+1 for the prefer SD/HD option and also the ability to choose what it defaults to when doing series recordings.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Undocumented Feature and Two Bugs

Started by ChrisW on SKIPPA

2 Replies
Last post May 08, 2016, 09:35:33 PM
by ChrisW
xx
7Two 9.30pm Friday 27 Nov - Nick Knowles' Original Features 'Dead Woman's Shoes'

Started by IanL-S on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post November 25, 2015, 07:02:30 PM
by John
xx
How about an Add Skip feature on Catchup TV?

Started by TimC on SKIPPA

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2015, 02:04:59 AM
by csutak40
xx
IceTV Has Some Impressive Plans For New Features and Products

Started by bodogbodog on General Discussions

18 Replies
Last post December 07, 2013, 07:11:40 PM
by prl