Author Topic: Favourites recording twice & stuffing up other recordings  (Read 3436 times)

Offline neilius

• View Profile
Favourites recording twice & stuffing up other recordings
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »
I have marked a show as a favourite.

Now Ice is recording that show on both the SD and HD channels.

This would be forgiveable, except that by scheduling two recoridngs of the same show, it stuffed up the other recording that I wanted to capture.

E.g. It recorded Spicks and Specks twice on ABC1 and ABCHD, which caused it to skip recording House on Ten HD.

That made my dear wife very annoyed at me.  For the sake of marital harmony, please let me know how I can rectify this :)

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Favourites recording twice & stuffing up other recordings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »
First up I'm guessing that you have setup a series recording as favourites will not by default record.

As for Series recordings at present if you only want it to record on a specific channel you will need to choose the option of "This Channel Only" when setting up the series recording, otherwise it will record all episodes it sees that match the other options (i.e. first run or reruns and whether at a specific time or not).

You can update your existing series recordings under the "My Shows" tab and change the option for the series to be for a specific channel rather than any channel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline neilius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
Thanks. I'll double check.

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
First up I'm guessing that you have setup a series recording as favourites will not by default record.

As for Series recordings at present if you only want it to record on a specific channel you will need to choose the option of "This Channel Only" when setting up the series recording, otherwise it will record all episodes it sees that match the other options (i.e. first run or reruns and whether at a specific time or not).

You can update your existing series recordings under the "My Shows" tab and change the option for the series to be for a specific channel rather than any channel.
Yet another example of where "SD preferred" & "HD preferred" series options are needed urgently (first requested 9 months ago).  Spicks & Specks is shown on ABC1 & ABC2 and simulcast on ABCHD.  There is no current way to set up a series recording to get all episodes but no duplicates.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
Yet another example of where "SD preferred" & "HD preferred" series options are needed urgently (first requested 9 months ago).  Spicks & Specks is shown on ABC1 & ABC2 and simulcast on ABCHD.  There is no current way to set up a series recording to get all episodes but no duplicates.
Doesn't setting the recording from any one of them and setting This Channel Only work?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:47:59 PM »
Doesn't setting the recording from any one of them and setting This Channel Only work?
No - that only works for the first one.  Once one series is set (on one channel) you can't set another of the same name (on the other channel)

AFL games were the same this year (7, 7HD, 10, 10HD) as they all had the same title (hence the request 9 months ago)

Vortical

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:22:03 PM »
No - that only works for the first one.  Once one series is set (on one channel) you can't set another of the same name (on the other channel)

AFL games were the same this year (7, 7HD, 10, 10HD) as they all had the same title (hence the request 9 months ago)

Hopefully the Prefer SD/HD will overcome this

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Favourites

Started by BruceJG on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post November 01, 2016, 05:21:06 PM
by BruceJG
xx
Channel Favourites

Started by Mantorok on SKIPPA

0 Replies