Author Topic: EPG on A usb key  (Read 3408 times)

Offline jeepers

• View Profile
EPG on A usb key
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
I have an Beyonwiz DP-P2, and want to try the 3 month trial of IceTv, is it possible to download the EPG to a USB key and then install it on my Beyonwiz ?. As i cannot connect my BW to my Computer as it is in another room.

cheers

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: EPG on A usb key
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:36:38 PM »
I have an Beyonwiz DP-P2, and want to try the 3 month trial of IceTv, is it possible to download the EPG to a USB key and then install it on my Beyonwiz ?. As i cannot connect my BW to my Computer as it is in another room.

cheers

As far as I know, the interface to download the Beyonwiz IceTV EPG is not published. Even if you could get the EPG in the correct format to preload into the Beyonwiz EPG cache (this feature itself is currently in beta), it would require a hack to copy the EPG on the USB stick to the right place on the Beyonwiz HDD.

I can't recall what the Beyonwiz EPG cache format looks like. If it's a binary file, no-one's put in the effort to interpret it yet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline jeepers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
Ahhh...O.K. thanks for the Info  ;D

cheers

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »

cheers

You could try getting a wireless minibridge to connect to the ethernet port on your P2 if your PC or modem/router has wireless, or use a second bridge on your modem/router if it doesn't have wireless, but has a spare ethernet port available.

That way you can get the IceTV EPG updates straight to the P2, and use IceTV Interactive.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
Ethernet over power is another great way to get internet to your loungeroom. Definitely worth checking out:

https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=products&type=details&section_type=pvr&product_cat_id=17&product_id=122

Offline jeepers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »

cheers

You could try getting a wireless minibridge to connect to the ethernet port on your P2 if your PC or modem/router has wireless, or use a second bridge on your modem/router if it doesn't have wireless, but has a spare ethernet port available.

That way you can get the IceTV EPG updates straight to the P2, and use IceTV Interactive.

Thanks for the info....but what exactly is a wireless minibridge, i did a google on it but got a lot of wireless headphone stuff. I'm not that technical savvy  ;D  any idea about where i could get one.

cheers

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »
jeepers, try Search for all terms for "wireless bridge" (without the quotes) on the Beyonwiz forum. You'll find lots of discussion of them, and model numbers.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Your Money EPG data gone

Started by pcss on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2019, 02:16:07 PM
by BazzaG
xx
epg error

Started by garrycox1953 on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post November 21, 2018, 09:50:38 PM